Vannesa
Expert October 2021

Man of Honor

Vannesa, on November 8, 2019 at 4:22 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 1 15
Saved
Any one else have a man of honor?! My cousin who is male and has been my best friend/ Partner in crime since we were babies will be my man of honor. And he is loving it! I think it's awesome.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Delaney, on November 16, 2019 at 10:43 PM
  • Mary
    Dedicated October 2020
    Mary ·
    • Flag

YES! I will be having one too! We have been close friends since freshman year of college--we've known each other for literally half of our lives.

• Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    Yes! My brother is my man of honor! We're only a year and a half apart, and he's the best! (Thank God his super organized wife is planning stuff for him. She's a bridesmaid, too)
  • 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

When my wife and I got married, we asked my daughter to be the maid of honor and my son to be best man. Son said he couldn't be best man, because the best man is a groom's attendant, and we didn't have a groom. We ended up compromising by calling him the dude of honor.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I had a bridesman!
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I will be having a man of honor also! My best friend is male and I wouldn’t even think about having anyone else by my side
  • Jennifer
    Super March 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    My brother is mine!!
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

When I married my first husband 25 years ago, my bff was my patron of honor. My mother thought he’d wear a dress I think! Lol. This time I’ve asked the same friend to be my officiant.

• Coral
    Dedicated October 2020
    Coral ·
    • Flag
    I have a man of honor! I am pretty reserved and don't have many friends, especially because I'm a workaholic teacher in a very rural area. But one of my fiance's close friends, a guy, has been so welcoming to me for the past 3 years and has really become a great friend of mine, and he agreed to be my man of honor.
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    We had bridesmen!
  • Caitlin
    Devoted September 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    I am having a Man of Honor too as my best friend from childhood came out as trans last year Smiley smile
  • Monica
    Devoted August 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Yes! I couldn't imagine him not standing up there with me.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I love seeing other brides having a man of honor! I was going to have one, but his college graduation is on our wedding day!

• Vannesa
    Expert October 2021
    Vannesa ·
    • Flag
    Haha I’m glad I’m not the only one! This is awesome! Any of them helping with the Bach party?
  • D
    Just Said Yes April 2020
    Destinee ·
    • Flag
    My best friend did! And he was perfect!
  • Delaney
    Savvy December 2020
    Delaney ·
    • Flag

I have a maid of honor but I have some bridesmen!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics