Jason
Just Said Yes June 2020

Makeup for men

Jason, on October 12, 2019 at 10:06 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
My partner and I are getting married in June. I am just curious if we should have any makeup done for blemishes or such? Neither one of us have ever worn makeup so I am up in the air about it.

11 Comments

• Da Mom
    August 2022
    Da Mom ·
    • Flag

How does he feel about wearing makeup? If you’re worried about photos, blemishes can be edited out, so I would only wear makeup if you’re comfortable doing so. Either do a trial or go to a makeup counter to try it first.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Our MUA said that you would be surprised at how many men actually wear makeup on their wedding day. My FW obviously isn't a man, but she's a huge tomboy and has never worn makeup before. She decided to wear light makeup just to cover up blemishes and make her skin tone more even. If you're on the fence, it couldn't hurt to schedule a trial just to see!

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Honestly, my FH did a lot of acting and requested cover up for his face for our engagement photos, go for it!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    You could schedule a trial to see. Perhaps even get engagement photos to see how you like your skin in photos before deciding.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag
    It's more common than one might think. Some of the law firms I've worked in get a professional MUA for everyone even the men for their professional pictures.
  • L
    Dedicated August 2019
    Leaves232 ·
    • Flag
    My MUA did my husband's makeup for the wedding since he's really pale and has acne. He'd never had makeup done before and thought he couldn't eat afterwards. I was like, how do you think women function every day?!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

My husband isn't a makeup wearer but wanted good skin on our wedding day. He got a facial around a month before, and developed a good skincare routine a few months prior to do at home.

• L
    Dedicated August 2019
    Leaves232 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I also made my husband get a facial before the wedding.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha! I didn't make him, but he was interested in having 1 less thing to stress about on the day of for sure.

• Allegra
    December 2023
    Allegra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That’s too funny.

• Allegra
    December 2023
    Allegra ·
    • Flag
    Jason,

Without seeing your face to know how much or little work is needed it’s hard to say. For example, some people only have to change their diet and add moisturizer and their skin will clear up. Other people, will have to go to a dermatologist. I do not know where you fall between these two spectrums.

If cost or lack of knowledge are an issue: you can watch YouTube videos on men’s grooming, or find a makeup artist who will teach you in person. Supply wise you will need color corrector or concealer, a foundation, setting powder and a brush or sponge applicator.

Comment on this discussion