Lafuturaseñora
Devoted April 2019

Makeup caked on or less coverage in pro photos?

Lafuturaseñora, on January 12, 2019 at 11:26 AM Posted in Hair and Makeup 0 12
Saved Save
Hey y’all so my FH’s cousin offered to do my makeup for the wedding day and in the excitement I said yes. Fiancé thought it was Ok but hated that it didn’t look like the natural me he prefers when I do my own makeup(which is rare lol). It was kind of caked on and I felt like it made me look oddly pale and shows off my wrinkles. She goes full out Instaglam with her own makeup so it was really full coverage.
I would do it myself but I worry that my professional photography will look weird (less coverage = more natural but i have acne 😔) if I don’t have it done by someone that knows more.
maybe I could just ask her to do part of it or have her show me how so I can reach a happy medium?
sorry at this point I’m just rambling . I just don’t wanna do it myself and have my photography come out weird or have her do it and I have like flashback or something .

Makeup caked on or less coverage in pro photos? 1

12 Comments

• Lafuturaseñora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturaseñora ·
    • Flag
    It was pretty enough at least

Makeup caked on or less coverage in pro photos? 2
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I think the pro makeup still looks like you and not caked on. It looks awesome
  • Laura
    WeddingWire Administrator June 2010
    Laura ·
    • Flag

You look great both ways, but I wonder if there's a compromise that would make you happier. Professional photos tend to look best with heavier makeup than most of us would wear everyday. But what if you kept a full coverage makeup look but toned down the eyeliner and brought the lip color down a shade or two? You can definitely find a happy medium that makes you feel like the most beautiful version of yourself!

• Kelly
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking the exact same thing about the lip shade and eyeliner Smiley smile Agreed! You look beautiful in both pictures but I hadn't even considered that the camera might "need" more makeup than we're used to. That's going to be a new experience for me, too, because I never wear makeup haha. Good luck! You'll look wonderful!
  • Cynthia's and Robert  Wedding Day
    VIP September 2020
    Cynthia's and Robert Wedding Day ·
    • Flag
    I agree the eyelinner does not have to be extended as much. I love the lip color you applied.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    I think the pro makeup looks gorgeous!
  • Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    Could you ask the pro to try a different look? Maybe find something more natural on pinterest and have her try that look? You look amazing both ways, btw!!! I dont think the pro version is too much, personally, but I enjoy wearing makeup on a regular basis. I completely understand how it would feel too much for you when you aren't a huge makeup person. The bottom line is do whatever makes you feel most comfortable for your big day!!!
  • Alexis
    Devoted December 2020
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like this idea!!! Tone down the pro makeup in a few areas to reach a happy medium. Overall, I think you look beautiful both ways, so do whatever makes you happy!
  • Sarah
    Dedicated December 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Girl- you look great either way and your photographer will make sure you look great! I was terrified my acne would ruin everything. In the three months before my wedding, it got to the worst it’s ever been; cystic, scarring, oily and flakey on my face, neck, back, chest all at once! And my dress was strapless sooooo all of it was to be on display. I was worried about going all out on my makeup and my sisters (who both looove makeup) went the full nine yards on me- fake lashes, double coverage, highlighter and a bunch of other stuff I had no idea you could do 😂 I normally only wear mascara and just leave my acne free to the world. So it was intimidating... but if there’s a day to go all out it was definitely the wedding!! I do not regret it one bit. Here’s a photo of my bare/normal face and my wedding makeup for the drastic comparison...

Makeup caked on or less coverage in pro photos? 3

Makeup caked on or less coverage in pro photos? 4
  • Sarah
    Dedicated December 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    They somehow hid all the things 😂

Makeup caked on or less coverage in pro photos? 5
  • Denise
    July 2019
    Denise ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You looked amazing! Absolutely stunning!

• Kimberly
    Beginner June 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

I think that the pro makeup is beautiful, but maybe not as natural looking like you are used to wearing. I agree with a lot of the ladies above. Do a nice smoky eye shadow, but have them tone down the eye liner. Maybe do a smaller wing or no wing at all. The lipstick is gorgeous, but if you are wanting a more natural look, maybe do a nice rosey pink color or a darker red. But beautiful either way!!

Comment on this discussion