Zandra
Beginner February 2021

Make a dress!?

Zandra, on December 5, 2019 at 1:59 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved
So I am thinking about making my wedding dress just something simple but yet modest! Just getting a white lace leotard and getting some tool and fabrics for the skirts? What you think????!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kayla, on January 8, 2020 at 4:14 PM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Do you have a lot of experience as a seamstress?

I would recommend having a backup dress just in case things go wrong. Making formal wear is a lot more difficult than making everyday clothing. You do have a lot of time before your wedding though, so if you do decide to go this route I would start ASAP!

• Zandra
    Beginner February 2021
    Zandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I do I took like 3 class and all of middle school seamstress and handwork! But yes back out sound like a go to lol!!!!!
  • Taylor
    Beginner October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

My friend got married last June and she made her dress! It was so pretty because it was unique! She loved the fact that she made her dress and that no one would have a dress like it. I say, if you have the experience, go for it! (:

• Zandra
    Beginner February 2021
    Zandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome!!!
  • Canadiangal
    Dedicated August 2020
    Canadiangal ·
    • Flag
    I say go for it! I think people recommend not making it because there's almost an obsession for some people to have the perfect wedding. If you've made a dress before and practice working with the fabric you want to use, I don't see why not! I was going to make mine but I ended up finding an inexpensive dress.
  • Zandra
    Beginner February 2021
    Zandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I feel that
  • Kayla
    Beginner April 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

I know this is late but I'm going to make my dress, too. I debated buying a serger to speed up the process but will likely use machine I've been using forever because I'm used to it. I'll start working on it in March when my work events start slowing down.

Good luck!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics