Caryn
Dedicated October 2019

Mailed our invites and had our first dance lesson today!

Caryn, on July 8, 2019 at 9:10 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved Save
Busy day for wedding things for us! Is anyone else doing dancing lessons/choreography for their first dance? It was a really fun thing to learn together tonight, and I can’t wait to “perfect” it before our wedding!

12 Comments

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    We did dance lessons! I absolutely loved it.
  • Catalena
    Dedicated November 2019
    Catalena ·
    • Flag
    I really wanted to do dance lessons but FH thought it’d be a good idea for us to just practice together at home 😂 so we’re gonna give that a shot!!
  • Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    We are doing dance lessons! I love it. Have had 2 classes already. We went in thinking we wanted a slow waltz. I think we will be leaving with an upbeat song and something like salsa or the hustle. It's way more natural for us!
  • Caryn
    Dedicated October 2019
    Caryn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice! Our song is apparently a mix of the foxtrot and the rumba. We did foxtrot stuff today.
  • Andrea
    Super October 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    Fun! I’ve thought about doing this because I am a terrible dancer!
  • VIP September 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    We have been taking lessons also. The dance lessons have been by far the most fun I have had. I have enjoyed other wedding things but these classes are my favorite. Even more than dress shopping, lol. We are doing a modified version from dirty dancing. Cliche but I'm so excited. Probably won't be doing the lift or a few other things but it should still be nice. My FH said the other day he would prefer to take 15 more lessons than do a registry.
  • A
    Expert August 2019
    Ami ·
    • Flag
    We splurged on a great dance lesson package. It's been one of the most fun things about planning. We bring a bottle of wine and have a little date night while learning our dance.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I didn't do one but our best man did one at his and it looked dreamy.
  • Kristen
    VIP April 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Ideally want to but I don’t know if we want to spend the money for a 3-minute dance; we recently decided to put some of our wedding budget towards our honeymoon so we are trying not to add too many new expenses into the wedding
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We are! We've taken 4 lessons (our wedding is July 20) and we love it! We aren't taking anymore, just practicing at home. It isn't super choreographed, but parts are.

• Celeste
    Dedicated October 2019
    Celeste ·
    • Flag

I got a groupon for two private lessons for very cheap and we had our first last night - it was really fun. Our song turns out to be a rumba and she taught us a basic box steps and a couple of other moves. I knew it was going to be a pitch for a bigger package, and was. It's going to be tough telling her before the second lesson that we aren't signing up for more, but we really need to apply that money elsewhere. We kept practicing when we got home last night and will continue to do so. No big routine, we just don't want to do the middle school sway.

• Caryn
    Dedicated October 2019
    Caryn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha I’m glad I’m not the only one who refers to it as “the middle school sway!” We have been wanting to try ballroom dancing for fun anyway, so we’re doing around 8 lessons before the big day and will probably continue to do cheaper group lessons afterwards just for fun.

Comment on this discussion