M
Just Said Yes October 2020

Magnet vs normal card for save the date

Morgan, on February 2, 2020 at 9:55 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save
I am torn between a magnet or just a regular card for the save the date. I know that cards are cheaper than magnets but that is not the deal breaker. Do people prefer one over the other?

13 Comments

• Kaitlyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    I’ve always liked the idea of magnets. I think it gives people an easy thing to see since it’ll probably be on the fridge but price does matter for us so we’ll probably just be doing little postcards
  • Tiffany
    Expert April 2020
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    We did magnets and everyone has loved them! I figured if we just did a picture, they'd end up on the fridge anyways so I decided to make them magnets
  • KaiJan33
    Dedicated July 2020
    KaiJan33 ·
    • Flag
    I did a normal card, included our wedding website and everything. Many of the people we sent the Save the Date to contacted us that they were very excited, but I'd say probably only a ⅓ of our guests went online. So my thoughts are a normal card should be fine! 😊 Use the funds elsewhere.
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    I prefer magnet. When we get saved the dates, we put them on the fridge, so it being a magnet just makes it easier.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    We did magnets and so have most of our friends. I think magnets are better because you can stick them to your fridge and not have to worry about losing it or forgetting when the wedding is.
  • Monica
    Super April 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    My new fridge doesnt hold up magnets sadly because its stainless steel So I would be sad to get a magnet that I cant use. I decided to go with regular card vs magnet because Its cheaper & after a while ppl will eventually toss it whether its card or magnet.
  • Karina
    Dedicated June 2020
    Karina ·
    • Flag
    We went with a magnet, I think it’s so much more convenient and a constant reminder on their fridge. We even stuck one on ours and it gets me excited to see it every time I open our refrigerator.
  • Nicole
    Rockstar July 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I prefer magnets as a guest, so we did magnets. They were honestly really well priced. I believe we paid just under $50 for 40 of them using a sale code from Vistaprint.
  • Megan
    Devoted October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Our fridge doesn’t let us have magnets we put everything up on a cork board in our office. I agree with Monica that if I got a magnet and no where to put it I would be bummed magnets are really thick so they don’t tack or tape up very well. I would say do a card if people want to magnet to their fridge they would do it with another magnet.
  • Jordan
    Expert June 2020
    Jordan ·
    • Flag

We did normal cards and a lot of people hung them on their fridges any way lol.

But i feel like the save the date, most people end up throwing away after some time and why spend more money for it to be just thrown in the trash. Some people may keep it but whenever i got a STD i would keep it until we got the actual invitation and then i would toss it.

• S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

Choose the less expensive option.

• Jenna
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

I considered a magnet until I started receiving save the dates for my friend's weddings. Once I'd put the date in my Google calendar (I'm an organization freak), I immediately put the save the date in my "card" box (I KNOW I'm such a freak).

If you like the magnet, go for it! Honestly, it's pretty cute. But if you want to save some money, go with just the paper.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    To be honest I'd just do card because I personally wouldn't save it

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics