K
Dedicated September 2020

Let's Talk Cake!

Kris, on February 18, 2020 at 12:11 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 19
Saved Save

What flavors is everyone doing??? What does your cake(s) look like?

19 Comments

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did two flavors! I had mango and strawberry
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    We had a 2 tier cake with 2 different flavors. We did a cinnamon brown sugar with cinnamon buttercream frosting (it was delicious!), and a fresh strawberry with vanilla buttercream frosting.
    Let's Talk Cake! 1

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Let's Talk Cake! 2
    We chose marble cake with a chocolate Bavarian cream. This was the inspo for our cake, ours will be 5 tiers in a pastel gray color.

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    We did vanilla, white chocolate, pink champagne and salted caramel, chocolate with ganache, and cookies n cream Let's Talk Cake! 3

• K
    Devoted October 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Let's Talk Cake! 4
    This is my Cake inspiration. Minus the old fashion ribbons and flowers. Mine will only be 3 tiers instead of 4 but the detailing on the side of the cake will be exact and they are going to do roses and hydrangeas on the cake instead of silk flowers. My flavors are going to be vanilla cake (bottom) chocolate cake (middle) and red velvet (top) with buttercream frosting and filling. I don’t like all the fancy fillings and neither does a lot of our families so we are just keeping it simple and basic.
  • Megan
    Devoted October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a small two tier cake with two different flavors. One is a chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling. And the other is a white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and lemon icing. Both will be covered in white frosting with horizontal lines and then have some flowers on it instead of a cake topper. Let's Talk Cake! 5

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We have chocolate cake with dulce de leche filling and vanilla cake with fresh strawberry compote filling, all iced with cream cheese frosting

• Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    Yellow cake with Bavarian cream and chocolate Bavarian cream. Let's Talk Cake! 6
    Let's Talk Cake! 7

We want the swirls of the second, but the buttons and letter (M instead of L) from the top one
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We have chocolate Bavarian as well!!
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Both of those sound delicious!
  • Lauren
    Rockstar February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

My cake is going to be 3 tiers of strawberry cake and one tier of lemon cake (all with buttercream icing). FH's groom's cake is going to be one tier of chocolate fudge with chocolate ganache, one tier of cookies and cream with marshmallow filling, and one tier of almond wedding cake (inside the golf ball). We will, also, have a chocolate fudge with chocolate icing sheet cake in the back in case we need it (we have 220 guests coming).

Wedding Cake

Let's Talk Cake! 8

Groom's Cake

Let's Talk Cake! 9

• K
    Dedicated September 2020
    Kris ·
    • Flag

We are doing vanilla with vanilla, and chocolate with raspberry buttercream. This is our inspo!

GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkAGYxMWY0ZTJhLTE
  • Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag

Our cutting cake is two tiers of lemon berry. Then we ordered sheet cakes in white chocolate (tastes like vanilla), chocolate supreme, and strawberry surprise. We couldn't decide between flavors so we got our favorites and ordered extra Smiley smile

• Dedicated June 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    Let's Talk Cake! 10
    Our Wedding Cake
    Lemon Chavon.
    Let's Talk Cake! 11
    Grooms cake it's going to be Red Velvet
  • Serena
    Dedicated October 2020
    Serena ·
    • Flag
    We are doing vanilla bean with fresh rasberries and almond buttercream. Then ordered 24 cupcakes. We chose a cake our baker has already made. Love it!Let's Talk Cake! 12

• Julia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    We are having a white chocolate mud Cake with lavender caramel filling, spice cake with cream cheese filling and lavender cake with white chocolate ganache. And will be naked style

He doesn’t know but I ordered him a grooms cake that will be chocolate mud cake with salted caramel filling and vanilla sprinkle cake with white chocolate ganache and will be covered in vanilla buttercream
  • Amanda
    Savvy November 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a desert bar with a small cake (mostly for cutting). We will have mini cupcakes with our favorite flavors: chocolate stout, lavender, and champagne. I can’t wait!
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing three tiers, so we’re doing chocolate, orange, and strawberry with this almond buttercream icing. This is the photo we showed our baker.Let's Talk Cake! 13

• Jessica
    Expert February 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

This is our inspiration pic, it will look like this but without the clam topper. The flavor is snickerdoodle with a coffee filling! It's so good! We did our cake tasting in November so I'm super excited to be eating this delicious cake again in 9 days!

Let's Talk Cake! 14

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics