Nicole
Devoted April 2020

Let Down

Nicole, on August 9, 2019 at 6:58 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 13
Saved Save

So my FH and I had planned on doing an Auto Enthusiast wedding since that is how we began our journey. But he is now throwing in rustic, and country and other ideas that just clash the Auto idea. My mother also talked him into a different cake than what we had originally planned on because it's not "elegant" enough. I am trying to convert a little to make my mind feel at ease, how do you take cars and make them slightly more elegant? Trying to figure out the center pieces for tables and get 1 idea going verses 8 or 9. *pulls hair out*

13 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    These toy car and flower centerpieces are super cute

Let Down 1
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Don't mind that the tag for it says retirement party ahah
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    Car themes can be classy, just stick to those gorgeous old cars you would see in a parade. Why not put up black and white photos of cars like that with a nice frame?
  • Sharon
    Devoted October 2020
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    You could name the tables after different cars
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a great idea!! Definitely didnt thibk of it
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like these. Super cute.
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Maybe. That is an idea. We were considering a photo booth. Maybe this would be the opportunity for that! Thanks
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Did you choose your venue already? If not, have it at an auto museum! Classy & cool.
  • Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes we did. It's a family friend. Helped us out on cost which was really nice
  • A
    Dedicated May 2020
    Abigail ·
    • Flag

Such a cool idea! You could have your engagement photos and exit in a classic car and have the table numbers as years and models of your favorite classic cars! It would also be cool to have a photo booth in a classic car (if you can) or print out a background and let guest "drive" for a photo booth idea. If you have a specific year, make, and model it would be neat to incorporate it into a sign in table and even attire. You could have keychains as wedding favors! and things like a popcorn bar for guest and make it like a "drive in" with older cars. Haha sorry I just had random ideas and blurted them all out. Weddings are supposed to be about you and your husbands taste and idea of celebration, dont feel like you have to make something more elegant if it isnt yall and you know your guest will be happy regardless. It will be a different and neat experience for all guests!

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag

Do rustic cars, those themes go very well together. vintage and rustic. My wedding is at a barn and they have a bunch of vintage and rustic cars and farm equipment and I think it still looks beautiful. If you drop the rustic/county theme you can make cars very elegant in my opinion.

• Florida Marlins
    Expert October 2017
    Florida Marlins ·
    • Flag

I like the flowers coming out of classic cars!! I like cars, too, so I love this idea! Men are funny - just when you think they are kicking back and chill they are suddenly full of all kinds of ideas, lol!!

Best wishes!

• Nicole
    Devoted April 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Right?! and they become the indecisive ones. it will probably be the ONLY time they become extremely difficult. I don't want to go to rustic/vintage only because that will take from our venue. We might scratch the entire auto theme all together.

Comment on this discussion