Nicole
Just Said Yes March 2021

Leave The Littles

Nicole, on July 16, 2020 at 11:43 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved

Hi guys, so my soon to be husband and I have 3 children, and he has two older children all which will be part of the wedding. I don't want his family or mine bringing any of there own children to the wedding is the horrible? How do you spread the word nicely? We have a small venue and are also already maxed out with our guest list. ideas?suggestions? Smiley ring

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on August 3, 2020 at 8:31 PM
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

I Put On Our Wedding Website That It Is Adults Only.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Not inviting children should be a good indication that you don’t want them there.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I would include each name of the adult on their RSVP cards and put a __ out of __ will be attending.

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I would just put it on the invitation (or you could include a details card with this information), your wedding website, and your RSVP cards, that this is an adult only event. If you want, you could specify that it is for ages x and up, so there’s no confusion as to what constitutes a “child”. It is also wise to spread this information word-of-mouth to guests that have children
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think you need to explain that your own children would be there. So like the others have already said just make the invitations out to the specific adults or just write out adult only
  • Katie
    VIP August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I would put it on your website or rvsp. I would say something like 21 and older celebration or adult only celebration. Most parents expect it to be adults only anyways. And most parents like adults only weddings because it is really the only time they can get out without them. Also when sending the rsvps you address it to only the people who are invited. But beware some people still try to find a way to bring the kids. Even though you only addressed it to lets say Mr and Mrs Smith, they will still try to bring the kids and say oh I thought it meant our kids to. It like no only when it's addressed to the family as a whole does it mean kids to, like to the Smith family.
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Don't include their names on the invites and call/email if they add them saying you are unable to accommodate them due to a small location. You do not mention anywhere on the invite that it is adults only.
  • Alisha
    Super April 2021
    Alisha ·
    • Flag

I would let them know that is adult only on the invites and website. That way you don't have to worry about children coming to your wedding. You can also put the age of who you consider to be an adult to attend.

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Don't put it on the invites, as that can be considered rude. I would only address to the adults, as opposed to the whole family, and then on the RSVP cards put "___ seats have been reserved in your honor" so it's clear that only the adults are invited. Then you can spell it out on the website. People should be understanding!

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

Simply don't invite them (don't include their names on the invitations). Your own kids are always an exception to the 'no kids' rule at weddings. Plenty of people have adult-only weddings with the exception of their own children

• Th
    Dedicated September 2021
    Th ·
    • Flag
    I would let your guests know it’s a kid free reception. I feel like that’s common. When my friend got married her and her husband have 3 kids together, they were apart of the wedding as were her 2 nephews (1 son and nephew r older) and she had her close friends aunt who wasn’t invited take her youngest for the night so they were there for the ceremony and pics, but right as the reception was beginning to start and they got cranky, they were brought to the sitter by their friend (sitter was down the road). worked well for them.
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    Invites should only be addressed to those invited. You can say something on your website that due to space you are not able to include additional guests or only those on the invitation are invited. I don’t like when it states “adults only” but some children are in attendance as that obviously isn’t an “adults only” event.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics