Bride2b
VIP September 2016

Las Vegas Honeymoon

Bride2b, on December 29, 2015 at 8:03 AM Posted in Honeymoon 0 13
Saved Save

FH and I are starting to look at planning and booking our honeymoon. We have both agreed upon Las Vegas as a destination as we have both never been and want to go. My questions is for those whom have been to Vegas, heck even better done their honeymoon in Vegas(do tell!). Is 4 nights a good length? We were thinking of flying in on a Tuesday and leaving on a Saturday. We are planning on seeing a concert, visiting the Grand Canyon and exploring the strip. We are looking at staying in New Vegas in the middle of the strip for good location. Can you recommend a hotel? Any information will help ladies!

13 Comments

• Mrs. S
    Expert May 2016
    Mrs. S ·

My FH and I went to Vegas 3 years ago. We stayed 5 nights and we felt like we should've stayed longer! I guess it depends on if gambling and nightlife are your thing.

We stayed at Treasure Island and I highly recommend it! It's right where you want to be and it's a beautiful hotel!

Good luck! We are trying to pick a honeymoon destination ourselves and it's freaking hard, lol

• Heather
    VIP May 2016
    Heather ·

You can't go wrong with any hotel on huge strip! They are all beautiful in their own way. I've stayed at the Bellagio and Cesar's Palace. I love the Venetian! And also Cosmo for more of a modern feel.

If you are able to, squeeze in a cirque show. They are phenomenal!

• Princess Consuela
    Master November 2015
    Princess Consuela ·

If you guys are partiers, 4 nights is good! H and I went last year for a wedding and stayed for five days, and we were dead by the end of it because we did lots of drinking and staying up late. But if we went back, I'd love to stay longer and see more of the sights. We stayed at the Bellagio (that's where the wedding was) and it was great!

• Yasmina
    Master November 2015
    Yasmina ·

I live here!

4 nights should be just fine.

I'd recommend any of the following hotels:

Aria (super swank), Cosmopolitan, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Flamingo (recently upgraded rooms, they're nice!).

Some of the other hotels might have better prices: Mirage, TI, Luxor, Excalibur, but I'm not sure of the quality of the rooms.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·

We stayed like 7 nights at the Luxor in a pyramid suite complete with huge tub in the room. Luxor was nice and clean. They had the Titanic and Bodies exhibits, and also Carrot Top that we saw, and we saw Jeff Dunham at Planet Hollywood Hotel. The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay was neat and there is a pizza place between it and Luxor called Slice of Vegas. HIGHLY recommend it. I will say that the tours you can take to the Grand Canyon can take an entire day, we decided to skip that when we found that out.

PS if you like sweets go to Carlo's Bakery ( the Cake Boss) at the Venetian. The canollis and cheese cake were expensive but holy hell were they good!

• Tara
    Super June 2016
    Tara ·

Also check out groupons for Vegas. I've used lots of them for restaurants, drinking and riding the Linq. I really like the flamingo, has a fun pool and good location. If you want to stay downtown the Golden Nugget is a fun place as well.

• Jon & Kayla's
    Just Said Yes November 2016
    Jon & Kayla's ·

I've stayed at Excalibur. The rooms seemed alittle outdated. The last time I went we stayed at Treasure Island and it was great. Ask the hotels what kind of promotions they offer.

• Natalie
    Master May 2015
    Natalie ·

We got engaged in Las Vegas! DH was there for a business trip and I met him at the end. If you want to do the Grand Canyon 4 nights might be a bit short, that's what we did but we didn't have much time in Vegas. We didn't really have time for a show and definitely wish we did.

Here was our trip schedule- Day 1: I arrived mid-afternoon, that night we went out to Fremont street. I definitely recommend that. Day 2: We walked around the strip during the day and hit the pool at our hotel for a while. That night we went to the restaurant at the top of the stratosphere and got engaged. After we walked around the new strip for a bit and visited a few bars. Day 3: we spent most of the day driving to the Grand Canyon. On our way out of Vegas we stopped at the Hoover Dam and did the tour. That night we went to a restaurant near our hotel and watched an IMAX movie about the canyon. Day 4: We spent the morning exploring the canyon and at lunch at one of the restaurants there. That afternoon we headed back to Vegas and checked into a hotel near the airport. Day 5: We had an early flight home.

• K
    Savvy December 2017
    KARRINA ·

We always stay 6 days and I be so upset when its time to go lol but we always stay at the mirage its beautiful and we always get the strip view so we can see the fire show at night I love Vegas its are favorite vacation spot

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·

We went at the beginning of our honeymoon! Went for 2 nights and then moved on to a road trip through Utah. It was great! I would say your time line is enough

We stayed at New York New York which is more affordable than some others, but not the cheapest of the cheap. I loved it! Our room was really nice, and although it was at the end of the strip, we could still walk all the way down the strip. We got upgraded to a nicer room as it was our honeymoon!

As for shows, let me just say... DON"T go see David Copperfield. It was so disappointing!

• Soon2bMrsSoyka
    Super April 2016
    Soon2bMrsSoyka ·

We were there 2 years ago had a blast and you will too! We stayed in Treasure Island. The hotel dead I the middle of the strip seam to be more $. TI was in our price range rooms were a little on the small side but very nice and clean. Big bathroom! And to get in the cab and visit the other end of the strip was not that much money.

• LV BRIDE
    Expert July 2016
    LV BRIDE ·

I am planning a DW wedding reception and mini moon in Las Vegas. I am having everything at the Tropicana just south of the strip near the MGM. We are going on 8/4 and staying until 8/9 but part of our stay is for the wedding and reception, we are also doing a rehearsal dinner the night before so we are really only getting two actual days alone but I think 4 days is more than enough to enjoy Vegas. Stratosphere and Tropicana seemed to have the best prices as far as I could tell and if you call the sales office you get better rates just an FYI. Make use of this site www.lasvegas.com it has been really helpful for us.

• M
    Just Said Yes December 2014
    Mary ·

I've been really that much impressed by LV!! However, I didn't like the idea of coming there at all! But you know, those people adjusted to dreaming big and spending much are so attractive... We spent most of our time in Plaza, that was amazing! Stakes are high, but aren't they high in family life? Really, very wise game is poker, but family life is much wiser... Anyways, I've got some issues with my curly long hair and that was a real trouble!! My salon is at home, in Michigan. So I had to come back not as beautiful, as I'd like to! All the rest was just great!

Comment on this discussion