Sheila
May 2020

Ladies only Bridal shower

Sheila, on February 11, 2020 at 7:57 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved Save
I am having adult entertainment for my nieces bridal shower. Can I put ladies only on the invitation, I know a couple ladies always bring their significant other, no matter what type of party it is.

7 Comments

• Future Mrs. Lewis
    Dedicated May 2020
    Future Mrs. Lewis ·
    • Flag
    Yes I would mention “women only”. Even thou majority of people know that, some may not. Mine is also a women only bridal shower😊
  • M
    Devoted October 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag

By "adult entertainment," do you mean... like R-rated movies?

Or are you talking about strippers or those ladies who come to parties to sell different kinds of vibrators? Either way, you may have some very surprised/shocked ladies.

Are you talking about a bachelorette party? Bridal showers often include the mother of the bride/groom and some other older guests. Not necessarily a bad thing if you've taken all this into consideration (and cleared it with the bride), I'm mostly just wondering.

• Megan
    Devoted October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    We are having a ladies only shower and put on the invite to leave their men at home.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    A bridal shower implies that it is women only. A wedding shower would be men and women. Have you okayed this with your niece? Showers aren’t exactly the traditional setting for adult entertainment, especially with family and coworkers in attendance.
  • T
    Devoted May 2010
    Theresa ·
    • Flag

I agree with PPs, this seems weird. Bachelorette parties are the setting for adult entertainment.

My Bridal Shower included several older ladies. My Mom, my Great Aunt, some older second cousins... one of my friends gave me wedding night lingerie, and I was horrified enough about receiving that. I can't imagine what I would have done if someone arranged adult entertainment.

• Sherry
    Rockstar September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

Do you mean bachelorette party? I don't think I have ever heard of adult entertainment for a shower. Bridal Shower implies that it is women only as most showers are but now days there are wedding showers which are coed.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Typically a bridal shower is only for women, a couples shower is for both. Address the invite just to the women invited.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics