Futuremrsmccormack
Super February 2020

Kleinfeld experiences?

Futuremrsmccormack, on August 15, 2019 at 11:57 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 14
Saved Save
Has anyone here actually gone to this store? How was your experience? Did they listen to you?

I went there in July and was pretty disappointed. It was very conveyor belt feeling. They have SO many appointments going on at once. Most places only have 2-4 brides in at once.

My consultant was pretty unenthusiastic and didn't listen to anything that I said I wanted. Very pushy as well.

Two people said "Yes to the dress," but I wasn't one of them. Since we weren't being filmed I felt pretty unimportant. Pretty strange, too, considering I was lucky enough to have a big budget.

Ended up getting a dress later that day at Vera Wang. Amazing experience from the moment we set foot in there, to when I put down my deposit.

14 Comments

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

It has always been my dream to get a dress there, but being in Michigan and not having a huge budget it was out of the question. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. Sadly i've heard that a lot from brides here on WW and on other sites.

• Sara
    Expert October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    Aw I’m sorry you had this experience there. That should be very unacceptable in working with people. At least you found a dress at a different shop with a better experience.
  • Devoted August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    Sorry to hear that you didn’t have a great experience.I’ve been to Kleinfeld four times.I’ve gone to two different appointments, a few months apart. Different consultants, as I had another dress silhouette in mind the second time around. I would say it was a good experience both times.In between appointments I went to their shoe sale, and found my wedding day shoes. It can be a bit overwhelming with all that goes on at the same time.The first I went they were filming, and I was told to ignore the cameras that were just a few feet away. While I didn’t find my gown at those appointments it was a memorable experience.On my latest visit I decided to go with my MOH to the sample sale to see if we could find accessories, and or a veil. That was amazing!! It was super well organized, and they treated everyone like royals. They hired a catering company for the day that handed out free donuts, they handed out water. At one point Ronnie(the owner) starts making the rounds greeting people on line, taking pictures, and handing out his business cards. That was pretty fun & a cute memory to have with my matron of honor. In the pic I’m on TVs left with the curly hair. Glad you found your dress!

Kleinfeld experiences? 1
  • L
    Beginner October 2020
    Lexi ·
    • Flag
    I had an amazing experience there! Maybe it’s luck of the draw with what consultant you get assigned? I had Debbie and she was beyond amazing and helpful. Always respectful of my budget/wishes. Sorry you didn’t have a great experience but congrats on getting your dress (:
  • Rebecca
    VIP August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I didn't go to the store, but I went to their pop-up here in NJ.

We went at a slower time, and we bonded with a sales girl. She took one look at my wish list and went and hunted down my favorite dresses... and she found my absolute favorite. At a sample sale.

I imagine it's much different from the store, but it was full of people referencing the show.

I'm so sorry you felt rushed and overlooked.

• Lauren
    Dedicated June 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    Im so sorry you didn’t enjoy it! I went last weekend and ended up buying my dress. It was a little overwhelming waiting for the appointments to start, but once I met my consultant (Farrah) I loved it. I haven’t been to other places and I just went there for my moms entertainment. But I enjoyed it so much! My mom, aunt, sister and cousin may have had even more fun than I did. My mom was taking pictures with consultants while I was changing dresses haha.
  • Depass
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Depass ·
    • Flag
    I went for their sample sale a few weeks ago and loved my experience there! I bonded with my consultant and other brides that were there that day. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience!
  • AshleyR
    Master October 2016
    AshleyR ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t go there for myself but I went a few months ago for my friend, I’m her MOH. She and we all (5 guests plus her) had a great time. We went on a Saturday so it was their busiest time, it’s definitely crowded and busy, but the consultant focused on us/her and was super enthusiastic, and it didn’t matter that her budget was definitely on the lower end of $1500-$2000 max. She even pulled a few dresses on her own that she felt my friend would like and one of them was (almost) the one. Also on weekdays the appointments are scheduled for 1.5 hours, weekends are only an hour, but the consultant went over the hour time slot without any sort of pressure, etc. sorry to hear you had a bad experience, maybe it’s just luck of the draw.
  • Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack ·
    • Flag
    Wow! I guess I'm an anomaly! The girl I worked with was a last minute switch, but she's apparently on the show pretty often, but a recent addition. When I mentioned that I didn't want "bling" was when I think she got bummed out. She still put me in very sparkly dresses. That was where it started to derail I think. They have tons of beautiful dresses without bling, but I don't know. I'm glad I went. It was a bucket list, but I'm glad I got the dress I did and where I did. 😊
  • Jess
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    I’m going in January so hopefully it goes well. I am nervous tho lol
  • Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm sure it will. Just know that even if you don't find it there, there are SO many places in NYC alone that carry other dresses, different looks, and different designers. They're well stocked, but they're not as comprehensive as they'd make you think.

Some bridal consultants (anywhere, Lovely Bride pressured my friend) will try to force a decision. Unless you KNOW, just tell them you need to think about it.

And do me a favor and try on the most hideous pnina you can. My one regret is that I didn't put on the thousand- layer skirt dress that I saw in her nook.
  • Jess
    Dedicated January 2021
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    Will do! I am going with an open mind of not pressuring myself of having to buy it there.
    i also have a few dresses that I want the consultant to pull out for me to try.
    Lol you know I actually want to try one on the infamous dress that every bride seems to want on say yes to the dress with all the bling but since it is completely out of my budget I wonder if they will even let me try it and to be honest even if I had the money I wouldn’t buy a pnina they all seem way to tacky looking idk
  • Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So they recently had a huge sample sale, so like 4 of the 6 dresses they didn't have. I'd call and ask. That was back in July
  • Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    And yeah, I agree about the tacky. Just try on the blingiest one

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics