Amanda
Dedicated June 2019

Kinda sad.

Amanda, on May 15, 2019 at 11:03 PM Posted in Planning 0 21
Saved
So, we had decided no video in the beginning. We did not budget for it. We are less than a month from the wedding and now I am just really sad we won’t have video! I found someone for $2000, but still, not in the budget. Trying not to be sad. Thanks for listening!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 18, 2019 at 10:40 PM
  • Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    You may find a nice family member that will record it forc you. Or check craigslist..$30 an hour in my neck of the woods. .still got a few options
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    If you’re not having an unplugged service WedMix is an option where friends and family submit their photos and footage to make a short highlight video. You can do the cheap package with your own cameras or spend s but more and rent cameras. I think it’s between $200-500.
  • CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag

We are not doing a video and though it's a little sad, it's not that sad because I realized that realistically, we won't watch it all that much.

• Chrystal
    Super May 2019
    Chrystal ·
    • Flag
    Can you get an off brand go pro on amazon with a tripod? At least you will be able to record the ceremony. You can give it to one of your family members to help record other moments you want. It won’t be profession but you will have video
  • Anna
    Master June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Yes... I understand. Fiancee said no, to video. It is sad Smiley sad
  • L
    Devoted August 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    Do you have any colleges/universities nearby that have a film major department? This was my backup if we didn't find something in our budget, to ask a local film professor to recommend his best students who may be interested in doing it for a small fee (a few hundred dollars) and it gives them something to put on their resume.
  • Kelsey
    Savvy September 2019
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

If you have a university with a film program, I'd look into hiring a film student. Most of them will do it for cheap. I hired a Humber College student in Toronto. All it's costing me is his round trip train ticket to Ottawa and $100 cash.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Don’t be sad. Others will have video of the event (if you’re ok with that being done). Also, honestly, you won’t even look at it much after the wedding, and nor will your guests. I remember my good friend turned on her wedding video for us to watch at her house about a month after the wedding and we were like 😬😬. She was excited but we were kinda bored because we were there at the wedding and didn’t need to relive it. Lol!

All I really want is a 5-7 minute recap video of highlights. Or no video at all. Im not watching 4 hours of footage. Lol!
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Part of me thinks having a video of the ceremony may be nice, but I was honest with myself in that I will never watch that video more than maybe 1 time.

See if people can record some key moments on their phones. The suggestion of a college student is probably a good idea too.
  • Diana
    Savvy October 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    If you have a camera, you can have your guests take video throughout the day. Make a video from the guests’ perspective! I also didn’t want to spend money on a videographer. I edit my own videos when we travel and I genuinely enjoy it. We’ve decided to give some of our guests (I’ll probably ask them beforehand and prepare them) to record with my personal canon and GoPro. I will later be editing it into our wedding video so that I can relive it.
  • L
    Expert June 2019
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    My FH said no too and I feel sad too...I found someone to do it for a low cost, but now he backed out...I understand how you feel and wish it wasn't so expensive.
  • Alycia
    Super July 2021
    Alycia ·
    • Flag

I went back and forth on whether to hire a videographer for several months. I finally decided to negotiate with local videographers to see what kind of deal I could get to video just the ceremony. I know my friends and fam will have their cell phones out videoing at the reception. It's the ceremony that I want a professional keepsake of. I managed to get a very highly rated pro for $900 for the ceremony, with a second videographer to shoot from two angles. It also includes the fully edited whole ceremony and a fully edited highlights version set to the music of my choice. As soon as I put the downpayment check in the mail, I was so excited! I know I made the right choice.

Look around and be picky. Don't accept their prewritten packages. Tell them "I want this." and "I don't want that." Get a deal. Only pay for what you really will treasure.

• Yonnie
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Yonnie ·
    • Flag
    Don’t be sad it will be ok
  • Christina
    Dedicated July 2019
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This what my FH and I did! He offered to do it for free but we plan on paying him
  • J
    Master October 2019
    Jolie ·
    • Flag

I always think I will not watch it. Be sure to encourage friends and family to take videos and pictures of maybe your first dance, cake cutting, etc. so that you have some moments on video! Realistically I couldn't justify the cost for something I would barely watch.

• Sara
    Expert June 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    I'm sorry. This is such a tough call with budgeting. We also eliminated videography because it didn't fit in the budget, but now we're trying to add it back in.. We'll see. Your day will be beautiful and amazing regardless Smiley smile
  • Justine
    Dedicated August 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag
    Listen to the people who say to hire a uni student! I am doing the same and it's such a money saver!
  • A
    Dedicated February 2019
    AnnaG ·
    • Flag

I would keep an eye on any local wedding Facebook groups for any up and coming videographers that are trying to build their portfolio. I saw a post from a videographer a few weeks before our wedding and she was willing to do the video for free (with no guarantee on quality since she's just getting going) so we went with it & ended up turning out great. But also to be honest, I haven't watched the video in at least a month and we've been married for less than 3

• Furture Mrs. G
    Expert September 2019
    Furture Mrs. G ·
    • Flag

Same! I said "i don't need a video just extra money" now I see all these wedding videos and I am like wahhhh I want that!

• Steph
    Dedicated June 2019
    Steph ·
    • Flag

I saw someone mentioned it but I would check with a film department at a college that might have a student that will do it for cheap. I have a student and said $500

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics