Nancy
Just Said Yes October 2019

Kilt or no kilt

Nancy, on July 10, 2019 at 11:28 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save
My Finance wants to wear a kilt for our wedding. He is from Scottish decent, but from the USA. Is this a ridiculous idea for him to wear one? .

11 Comments

• Alicia
    Rockstar August 2019
    Alicia ·

I don't think it's ridiculous. If he is in tune with his heritage, I see no reason why he shouldn't wear the kilt!

• Brianna
    Super October 2019
    Brianna ·

I don't think it is ridiculous at all! If he wants to wear a kilt, and it is part of his heritage, I think that is great!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Me too! I think it’s great when the groom gets excited about wedding stuff. Does he want any other Scottish decor or traditions included? Could be fun!
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

I second PPs. I think a kilt would be really cool!

• Nancy
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Nancy ·

Thanks guys, I just think they look like a dress, and I was super excited about seeing him in a tux. Now I am trying to figure out if the dress I got will go with a kilt.

• Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·

I think it's awesome and great that he wants to honor his heritage! I think it will give your wedding a more unique personal touch

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    I think it's lovely! I wish mine knew his heritage to have such fun! There's formal kilts so be sure he sees some kind of professional about getting it fitted correctly too.
  • Karlee
    Savvy October 2020
    Karlee ·

I think if he already wears kilts for family events and heritage events then he should definitely wear one! But if he has never worn a kilt before and this is just coming out of nowhere I'd be more skeptical and think it would be a little ridiculous. But you know your guy best!

• Selena
    Super September 2019
    Selena ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Any dress you got will go with a kilt. When my FH first told me he wanted to wear his kilt, I thought I would need to change my color scheme to match. Then I googled the heck out of kilt weddings and realized they are pretty neutral (especially in Scotland weddings where they are all wearing their own family tartan)

Kilt or no kilt 1

Kilt or no kilt 2

Kilt or no kilt 3
  • Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·

No, I LOVE this idea!! I would be so proud to have his heritage represented in that way!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hi Nancy! Will your FH be wearing his kilt for your wedding?

Comment on this discussion