M
Just Said Yes July 2020

Kick my sister out?

Macey , on March 14, 2020 at 10:29 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 8
Saved
Please don’t have any rude comments I need help!!

So i asked my older sister to be in my wedding. we have always had ups and downs throughout our lives. We have had them so bad since I asked her, that we haven’t talked since thanksgiving.. I mainly only asked her to be in it so she wouldn’t feel left out. I didn’t want to, but I felt bad. And now I regret my decision. But I don’t know if I should kick her or not. She is STRESSING me out to the max!!! I can’t take it and my fiancé and I have a feeling that she is gonna be the drama queen she always has been and is gonna make our wedding day about her in some way. I need opinions, or someone to talk to about this.( other than my fiancé) lol

8 Comments

Latest activity by Macey , on March 15, 2020 at 8:29 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    What did she actually do? This is extremely vague, but based on what little information you’ve given us, it doesn’t sound like a good reason to ruin your relationship with your sister and probably damage other family relationships.
  • D
    Dedicated December 2021
    Daniel ·
    • Flag
    I can understand your delema with family and wanting to include but after regret I would say do what makes you feel better if she is stressing you tell her but make sure you fh and you in agreement with you. But just be prepared for drama from her no matter what The best thing to do is deflate her drama the only way sisters can. I know it’s not much but sorry for what going through. If your day enjoy it
  • M
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Macey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay, starting with thanksgiving. She got so mad at us for not coming to her house because she runs a daycare out of her house and had 2 cases of RSV their and influenza A. I have two children one is 2 and the other is just now 1, so of course I was not gonna take my children their. She should have understood that, she has kids.. then Christmas she got all mad because we went to my moms for Christmas, not knowing my little brother was sick. So she threw a fit over that. How we went their but not her place. Then just recently we had some family issues. She said some chose words about my family and I, and I have not spoken to her since. We are having my little brothers graduation at our place, cuz it’s in the country and nice and open. Well she said “I’m not f*ing going there, f those guys.” Among other things i do not wish to share. She’s been petty about a lot of things lately too.
  • M
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Macey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, it’s just all I can think about lately, I just don’t know what to do. I know the rest of my family will take her side, because I’m the “black” sheep of the family..
  • D
    Dedicated December 2021
    Daniel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Being the black sheep is good in my opinion. It means you can speak your mind and don’t have to walk on egg shells. But don’t forget ultimately boys your day and you just asking them to be apart of it. If they want drama then tell them don’t show
  • Kacie
    Just Said Yes May 2021
    Kacie ·
    • Flag
    Be real with her, tell her that she needs to calm down or she will just being attending your wedding as a guest. You need to do what is best for you.
  • Anna
    Super April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

I asked my sister to be my maid of honor. She said yes. I always regretted asking her. In my heart, i knew she wouldn't show up in the end. I was so stressed out, just adding her. Well she called me 2 weeks later and said she's not. Not she called to cancelled, she blames it on the virus, i highlight doubt that is. So maybe that will happen too. But yeah, trust your gut. You do not need that extra added stress. Just tell her or hope she does it herself.

• M
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Macey ·
    • Flag
    So I have recently found out that she is talking mad crap about my family and I and that she does not support me in what I am doing. So I have decided to not have her in my wedding and to not have her come as she doesn’t support us, so I don’t see why she should attend. Thank you everyone for your opinions. I hope you all are blessed with amazing wedding and lots of love!! 💜

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics