My fiancé and I are set to get married on June 27th. After the announcement yesterday about how the coronavirus could impact the US until July or August, we have started to come up with a plan B. We really don’t want to have to postpone, but I wanted to see what everyone else’s plan of action is? How long is it safe to wait before telling guests you are rescheduling? Should I send out my invites anyways?
I would hold off on sending your invitations, at least for the time being. The current precautions set in place by the White House and the CDC are supposedly only for the next 8 weeks, but there's no telling where things will be a couple weeks from now. Given that some are comfortable disregarding these precautions, matters could get much worse because of it. I would at least wait until around mid to late April to send invitations or make plans to postpone if necessary. Hopefully everyone will do their part in minimizing this pandemic as much as possible! Best of luck to you!
June 27th bride here! Trying to stay positive. Though they’re saying this will last until July or August, life will go back to normal before that. Schools will open, people will socialize. It’s just going to take that long for the virus to run it’s course. I am holding off on sending out invites until Mid April just I’m case but I’m hopeful by the end of June we’ll be okay.
June 26th bride! I’m in so much of a panic because it’s getting close. I still have things to get done and the world is in isolation. I don’t rather you change the date or not. I don’t know when I should be making that decision.
My wedding was may 30, 2020 and we cancelled yesterday due to trumps speech about things not getting better till July/August. We didn’t pick another date yet for our wedding, but we are thinking sometime next year because this pandemic could last longer than expected. July/August is the best case scenario if everyone’s contributes to social distancing in the nation. So I would recommend canceling and not picking another date just yet. We are all being inconvenienced: businesses, weddings, everything. But we have to be inconvenienced if we want our nation to get better by social distancing.
We have the same date. Doing as much as we can to not postpone the wedding. We have been planing this since Jan of 2019. Think positive thoughts that this will end sooner. Contact your venue if possible and see what their thoughts are. It really helped us.
I live in Los Angeles and my wedding in June 20. I’m nervous but hoping by June there won’t be as strict measures. My bachelorette is May 30-June 1 in Las Vegas so I’m also concerned if that’ll be a go. My bridal shower is April 25 so I might have to reschedule If people don’t want to come. It’s stressful for sure!
View Quoted Comment
Hi Adrianna! My wedding is also on June 20th and my bridal shower April 25th. Have you sent invitations for either yet? It seems odd to send invitations to events when most are being cancelled right now.
View Quoted Comment
Wow how cool! I actually did mail out my shower invitations end of February. But aside my immediate family, only 4 have RSVP’d. My wedding venue is saying April and May weddings have priority for any rescheduling and weddings after May is just a waiting game.
My wedding is also June 27 in Pennsylvania. We have held off on mailing the invitations so far. We are planning to mail them the last week of April. We are trying hard not to postpone yet. I think the hardest part is the waiting and not knowing!! My bachelorette party on April 25 is cancelled, but I'm trying to be optimistic for the end of June. I made labels to put on my invitation envelopes (because they are already sealed and stamped and ready to mail, so i can't slip a note in ) that say we are still planning on June 27, please RSVP like the world will look mostly normal by then and if we need to postpone we will let you know as soon as possible!!! I was so excited this whole time and this has put a giant damper on it.....ugggghhhhh. This too shall pass. Good luck and keep your chin up.
We sent out our invitations and two days later VA announced a stay at home until June 10. Our wedding is in NC so 100% of our wedding was going to be traveling for our big day. We postponed due to travel concerns, financial concerns for ourselves and our guests who have lost wages, concerns on if events of over 100 will even be allowed by June and a ton of other issues. I worked with all of our vendors and have a new date of December 12, 2020. We called our families and our wedding party and then made an official FB post. I worked with our stationary professional to create postponement postcards with the new date and time and directed our guests to please use the same RSVP card as the only thing that changed was date and time. I hope all goes well for you! It's truly an uncertain time and like nothing anyone has experienced so there is no where to turn to for advice aside from your gut instinct. I have felt a million times better since we postponed and so have our family, wedding party and guests.
We have also moved my Bridal Shower to October and our Bachelor/Bachelorette parties to the first weekend of November.
View Quoted Comment
Former June 27 bride here also! We are in South Dakota and our peak is predicted to be the week of June 27. So we moved back to October 16. Just sent out postponement notes and made posts on social media. Honestly, now that I have postponed it feels great! More time to plan and pay off the wedding!
June 27th was our day too. We just reschedule until June 26th 2021. In no way did I want to wait a full year but the stress of the unknown was killing me. We were first going to postpone till August but if we did that and had to reschedule again I would have lost it. Good luck, hope it works out.