Anyone else getting married in June? I already postponed once from September 2020 so I really don’t want to postpone again but also don’t want to create a super spreader event! We’re having an indoor wedding in Jersey City and initially sent out save the dates to about 160 people. I don’t have a great feeling about June but I don’t know what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Hi! I am also a June 2021 bride. Few months ago, I ended up changing my venue to where we can have it outdoors in south jersey. Who knows what will happen by then but I do believe our weddings will happen just have to prepare into maybe having to cut our guest lists. Gotta try and stay positive! My fiancé & I decided we are going to get married in June regardless if we’re able to have a reception or not!
Hey I am having a June wedding. I totally understand your concerns. It is very hard to depict what is going to happen in June. At this time I am still planning for a June wedding and I am Making it mandatory that all my guest follow procedures I am also providing individual mask and hand sanitizer to all my guest. Also, I am telling my guest before they come that this is mandatory and not optional. Also, I am giving some of my family and friends the option to attend the ceremony virtually. I don’t want an older aunt to feel obligated to come if she doesn’t. That way I can invite some of my younger friends who don’t mind attending in person. It’s up to you, but love had to go on. We just have to abide by the proper precautions possible.
Hi! Our date is 6/19/21 so we are in the same unpredictable situation. I felt strongly about postponing until i sat down with my venue. They had given us so many options and honestly made us feel a lot better about it. Not only will they be taking temperatures at the door, they have an air purifying system that constantly purifies the air. Also, weather permitting, we are doing ceremony and cocktail outside (at our venue). So no matter what, we will still have those two events and as our plan B, postpone the indoor ballroom reception to a later date. Speak with your venue and see what they have to say, it may put your mind at ease. Lastly, we are reaching out to close friends and family and putting out feelers. We’ve sent an email (can also do this on your wedding website) explaining what the venue is doing and asking if in the event nothing with the pandemic changes, who would feel uncomfortable attending. We are waiting until the last possible minute to send invitations. Hope this helps! We’re all in this together! Good luck!
Hello I hope all is well. I am scheduled to get married June 17 in New Jersey. As of now all my plans continue to remain the same, as the venue is still open. The coordinator explain to me not to worry and if anything changes he will let me know ASAP. According to the CDC guidelines, wedding and reception can be held as well. It has to be no more than 150 people or 25% of the room capacity which ever one is lower. At the moment, we have 135 guests but we will most likely cut a few people off since we are aiming to have no more than 110 including the vendors. Some of our guests are from the UK and Canada so we understand there’s a possibility they may not come which is fine. We also have older relatives as well as people who live in North Carolina and Seattle Washington. Our guest have have to RSVP by May 15 so we have more than enough time if plan changes.
If anything I would say just hold off on sending the actual invites! Like for instance, I was going to send mine in March but I may just do it the beginning of April only because I’ll feel bad inviting people & then uninviting. & I would say by then we should have an idea what our venues are going to do about capacity & what not.
You can even make the invitations fun and festive like her on the dance floor with your mask etc. even if your outside, you can still catch Covid especially if your dancing around a person who has it very closely or even talking to them. If anything, people who are hanging out outside tend to be more reckless. Either way love has to go on and you just have to work around it.
Hi there, I'm a June bride as well! Fortunately I was always 2021 and have not had to deal with postponing (and I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that). I've been reaching out to some brides I know that are getting married this summer as well to get their thoughts/ feeling on the situation. I think it's completely normal to have hesitations - June seems far out but it will be here before we know it. Most brides I've spoken to are still concerned, but really hoping that things ease up over the next 5 months and seem hopeful.
I think if you're considering re-postponing, it comes down to a few things. What are your venues current restrictions? I recently reached out to my venue and asked what the current restrictions are. That way, even if things don't ease up AT ALL between now and June, I have an idea of what my wedding will look like.
I've heard of places not doing cocktail hours, no dancing, people basically stuck at tables for hours. To me, if those are the kinds of restrictions in place, that's just not the kind of wedding I would want for myself or my guests (nor is it the wedding I'm paying so much $ for!). But it ultimately comes down to you and what you have envisioned for the day. If you envision and huge wedding, in a normal environment, June of this year will probably not be just that.
One other thing to consider is that there are going to be people who don't come because they just don't feel safe yet, which is totally understandable. I don't think weddings are going to look the same for quite some time.
Another thing my venue did was send me a list of the precautions they are taking for weddings. I intend to include this in the wedding invitations, I think it will give some people peace of mind knowing venues do take this seriously and have the best intentions to minimize the spread of COVID.
It's definitely a tough decision and a lot to deal with. I'm trying to stay optimistic and hope for the best. I plan to wait until March to make those kind of decisions.. I think if things don't ease up by March that's a good indication of what the wedding/ restrictions will look like come June.
I hope this helps, but just know every bride is going through the same things right now! Feel free to reach out if you want to talk more! We're all in the same boat!
Sadly, no longer having our June 2021 wedding! =( We have too many family & friends coming from Europe & Ireland - they are all rightfully uncomfortable traveling. We also weren't ready to risk losing 1/2 of our wedding party to travel fears/restrictions etc... We re now April 2022!!
If we had kept our June date, I would be considering a lot right now too ladies. Hang in there!
We were originally 5-15-20, then it was 8-14-20, now it’s 6-18-21. We just decided since it’s an outdoor tented wedding that we are going to go through with it. Its too stressful to move everything a third time. We are planning on making the most of it, even if that means a very small number of guests come.
Our date was supposed to be June 18, 2021 however we just recently rescheduled to June 17, 2022. We live in NJ however our venue is located in NY state. It’s an outdoor tent but the venue still has to follow state regulations. There were too many “what ifs” and we had a lot of people coming from other states. The venue is in close contact with the governors office who informed them that their plan by June is to have 200 maximum guests with proof of vaccine or negative covid test. This would have been too much of a hassle for our guests and added too much stress to our situation. For peace of mind we decided to reschedule but now have to pay a $5000 rescheduling fee. It’s outrageous but we want to be able to fully enjoy our big day with friends and family. Good luck!!
We rescheduled from October 2020, but decided we're moving forward with our June wedding no matter the restrictions or who can attend. Our parents will hopefully have had the vaccine by then, and our venue created an outdoor tented option with other safety measures in place. I'm sure that masks will still be part of our day. In our new save the dates, we noted that the formal invites would follow pending COVID restrictions, and know at some point we may have to uninvite some guests... none of it is ideal, but we don't want to wait any longer!
View Quoted Comment
Wow, really? Are those guidelines for indoor or outdoor weddings? I’m having an outdoor wedding on 5/30/21 in NYC and I was nervous that there would still be tighter restrictions on gathering size, so this makes me feel better!
We also postponed our wedding date from 9/12/20 to 6/26/21. Our initial guest list was 240 guests, and under the current restrictions our venue will only allow 25% of capacity or 150 guests (whichever is lower) - for us that means 150 guest maximum. We cannot get our deposit back, and can only postpone to another date without losing money which we do not want to do. We are approaching a two-year engagement (much longer than we wanted). So we are cutting our list to 150 and having it at our venue!
NYC is more strict than NJ -- the limit on outdoor weddings for NY is currently 50 guest. You should check with your venue but also the numbers are listed on the CDC website by state for weddings/big events.
View Quoted Comment
Yea, I’ve been keeping up with the CDC and NYS guidelines, so I know the current gathering limits. She said that her venue in NY state had info from the governor’s office that they’re hoping to increase to 200 people gatherings by June, so I was looking for some more info about that. Since my wedding is 5/30, it makes me hopeful that I may not have to cut down my guest list.
Ugh yah. I have a friend getting married in Long Island early May and the limit there outdoor or indoor is capped at 50 guests. Think we all can expect to have to cut our lists down unfortunately. It's a difficult position to be in but our guests will have to understand! This planning for the brides who postponed 2020 weddings (once or multiple times) is NOT FUN. haha Good luck!! I'm not far behind you with a 6/26 wedding.
So we were 06-13-2020, then 09-19-2020. Then we said we are just going to get married and wait on the big reception so we did. We got married on 12/08/2020 and still have our reception planned out for June 5th 2021 in Brigantine NJ. We would have to cut the guest list if we couldn’t have and indoor reception for 160 people. The only other option we have is to rent a tent and put tables outside and some inside or look for a bigger venue or postpone again. I’m hopeful that we will be able to have this big reception in some capacity with modifications and some rearranging.