Looking for more clarity. We postponed our wedding to July 12th but with the way things are going we aren’t sure if that’s even going to work. We have family from NY & FL who are supposed to come and now we aren’t sure what to do. Does anyone think we will be okay or should we just wait until next summer?
Our wedding is July 3rd and we are definitely postponing. We are in NJ and just feel that even if things are slight light better, we don’t know if a gathering of about 150 ppl would be allowed. We also have older family members as well as 1/2 of my family out of town and want to make sure everyone is healthy, comfortable, and can afford to enjoy the moment with us
Hi! My wedding is scheduled for July 17th and we have not postponed (our venue says they aren’t postponing any June or July weddings at the moment). We are from Philadelphia and getting married in Florida with ~50 guests. Not sure if everyone will come, but we will still get married that day regardless Hopefully at our venue. We are waiting it out, hopefully things are better by July *fingers crossed*
We're in the same boat! We have a backup date of july 10th if our May 16th date doesn't work out, but I can't help but wondering if that's far enough out. My FH has quite a few family members from NY as well as others from other states.
We're still remaining positive our original date comes through!! 🤞🤞
View Quoted Comment
So our date right now is July 12th with a back up of June 2021 😕 but it’s so hard to make the decision 😭😭either way we will get married this year it’s just when..and if we can have people around. So stressful.
Oh wow! Sorry, I totally misread your post! ...I agree, settling on a decision is so hard with how uncertain everything is. It took us forever just to decide to work with our vendors on a backup date. If we have to use our backup date, we're losing so many aspect of our original wedding plan that we were looking forward to so much!
I know a lot of other couples are in the same boat, and my heart goes out to everyone else who has to go through this. My fingers are crossed that you can keep your oringial date in July!!
I think it's too soon to tell. I would definitely weigh how important it is to have certain folks attend (we have VIP guests in NJ and NY, and family in FL as well), and consider the overall size of your wedding. I think larger weddings (200+ people) where a lot of guests are traveling are going to be unlikely for some time, but if you have just a handful of people traveling and the wedding is smaller, things may be improved enough by summer/fall for those events to happen.
Hi! Our original date was May 8th and we postponed to July 17th. What was supposed to be an exciting time has been the total opposite. I feel for all of my fellow brides. I hope when the time does come we'll have the weddings we all envisioned! Best of luck and stay safe and healthy!