Hello ladies! I am really hoping to get some guidance from other 2021 summer brides. I was supposed to be married 8/1/2020. Obviously, that didn’t happen, much like others on here! We chose to postpone because my FH and I are not willing to have our day celebrated by looking at people wearing masks. This is a second wedding for us both. The guest list is already fairly small, around 40 people. Mostly family and just a few close friends. The ceremony is outside, in a garden. The reception is to be in a private room at a country club. We sent out STD cards in September, once we had changed our date. I live in CT, and upright now the restriction is no more than 25 people ( and ladies, that number INCLUDES the photographer, videographer, DJ, band, etc.). So, I am already in the position of having to cut people is I sent out invitations today. My real issue is this, we want a wedding without masks. We will not be wearing them and the venue has already informed me that it is up to the people in the room if they feel they want to wear them or not ( obviously when leaving the private room to go to the bathroom, etc., any public place we will wear them). I am not willing to wait a whole year to get married. I want a celebration, not a masked event. Do I ask people ahead of time if they are comfortable not wearing a mask, which means if they answer “no”, they wouldn’t get invited, or do I somehow word it in the invitation that we are requesting no masks at our wedding and let them RSVP no?
I understand there are people that may be offended by my request, but it is MY wedding and if it would make ME uncomfortable to see people walking around my event with a mask on then I think it’s within my right as a bride to request no masks. Much like people request no children. All of the elderly people attending will already have been vaccinated, so it is really those who will not have had the chance yet or don’t intend to get the vaccine. My FH and I plan on quarantining before the wedding to make sure we are all good.
But the issue becomes how long I can wait to send the invitations. I need to order them and send them by end of May. Then what happens if the restriction isn’t lifted by the time I need to order and send them out?
Any help you can offer me would be very much appreciated.