We’re July 11 and are right now planning on the wedding happening. However, we just got notice from our venue that the city it’s in is opening slower than the rest of the county/state, so we’re in a bit of a limbo. We’ve decided that we’ll make the decision whether to postpone or not on the 21 of this month. Our state has moved into Phase 3, so my fingers are crossed that the city our venue is in opens up more. We currently have 91 guests (out of the 213 invited) with today being our RSVP date. The venue is 100% outdoors and on 12 acres, so my fingers are crossed that we don’t have to postpone as we’ll be able to space people out for social distance.
My region is set to move into phase 4 at the end of the month which allows 50 people gatherings so I’m going ahead with mine. We planned to invite 150 people but at this point i don’t even care about chopping the guest list as long as it can happen (I’ve been waiting 4.5 years lol!) My wedding is July 25 but i do have a backup day of September 12 in case things go awry. I would just see where your state is with gatherings right now and what your venues will allow and go off that.
We’re getting married in 24 days on July 7th! We are moving forward as planned we met with our venue last week and got the approval for weddings under 150 guest and we have 96 attending! We are functioning as normal with more hand sanitizer and things like that.
We're going forward with our plans for July 31! Our venue is allowing 50% capacity (75 people), though is in an area that hasn't had too many COVID cases. So far, no other restrictions. We're providing masks and hand sanitizer for anyone who would like them, and limiting the number of people we seat per table.
We just officially postponed our July 25th wedding to February 2021 yesterday.
Our church has a ton of restrictions that we aren’t happy with. We decided that we will get married in February no matter what, but we wanted to at least try for a later date to have the wedding we envisioned. Good luck to all of you.
We’re getting married on July 11 in Lake Geneva. Our initial venue was in Illinois, but due to uncertainties we moved that to Lake Geneva 3 weeks ago. We have 102 guests are attending as of now! It’s so exciting that we’re having this wedding after having all the emotional roller coasters due to covid-19 !!
I was originally on April 4, 2020 and postponed to September 19, 2020. We decided to get married July 18, 2020 with immediate family (18 people) before our September event (~82 people) in fear of a second surge and the disappointment that would come with postponing twice. It seems like our July 18, 2020 is a go with 18 people. It'll be outside.
Our wedding is July 19. We originally started out with about 90 guests but cut back to about 61 with just family and a few close friends. We've sent out our invites a few weeks ago and have gotten about 25 RSVPs so now we're just waiting for more, but I have a feeling a lot of my family won't be able to make it. One because of covid and two, Because I have a sick cousin who needs someone to stay with him. I'm hoping we get more RSVPs because I don't want the venue to look "too empty" but I also know that at the end of the day, whoever shows, will show. People are now going to malls, beaches, vacations , work , daycares etc. So attending a wedding shouldn't be any different. Hopefully that doesn't sound selfish lol. But waiting for the day to come!!
We are still set to have our wedding on July 17th in St. Pete Florida. I was so excited to see Florida in Phase 2 which allows us to have a 50 people gathering which is close to what we expect would be our actual guest count. But now it seems more and more people are backing out and saying they are not coming. Pretty much my Fiance's whole family. Both of his parents have passed years ago, so he only has his sisters and nieces and nephews left and now they are just deciding it is unsafe to come. I understand some concerns, but no one has health issues or high risk. I know that might be selfish of me, but I guess it just hurts when we all were waiting for this phase to open and now with about one month to go we are losing guests left and right. To be honest we will actually have more friends then family members attending. I think we might have a total of 27 people, including the whole bridal party. I know this day will be special either way because I get to marry the love of my life, but just sad all the ones we definitely thought would be there are the ones who won't be. We thought about postponing to later in the fall, but for us, we feel like the issues will still be there and the same answer of "its not safe" will still be used and the same people will end up coming. My Fiance already thinks I waited to long to have a wedding, he is not interested in waiting until next year, plus, I think I wouldn't even be excited for the actual celebration anymore, I think I would just resent waiting! So hell with it all, who ever comes comes and I know me and him will make our day one to remember! Best of luck to everyone dealing with the unknowns of today, tomorrow, and the future! Love to all!
We will still continue with our July 13th wedding but we are planning on pushing the reception to next year. Getting married this year is important for us for many reasons. It will be our 7th anniversary and we are both family oriented and I have a 93 year old grandmother and he has a grandfather in his late 80s with stage 4 cancer and we want them to be there for our special day.
We are looking to have the ceremony in a county that is in Phase 3 so we can at least have 50 people and we found this really beautiful pond and it is close to a beautiful waterfall that we want to hike down to for some amazing photos.
I am on such a roller coaster of emotions and having to continue to make back up after back up plans.
I can't wait to marry the love of my life and best friend
Yes we are still getting married on 7/13/20. 6 days to go. Kept our original guest count of 85-100. We have tables arranged so same households sit together. We are doing half inside and half outside until it’s time to eat.
View Quoted Comment
Our date is July 19 & We're in Florida as well! Our wedding is in Wakulla County (outside of Tallahassee). Half of my family has backed out. They're all from out of state. My fiance's family is in Florida so they're still coming. We will have about 45 guests. I agree with you and your husband about not waiting. Best of luck to you!!!
I am glad you are going ahead with you wedding. Since I made that post last month, many more changes have occurred. My mother kinda changed my mind and we re-planned our wedding day. More and more people were backing out and for our venue which is a dinner yacht is St. Pete has a minimum on the dinner count which is 50. My numbers for total amount of dinners was 20 the last week of June. So we decided to postpone the actual dinner yacht reception but continue with a ceremony just at another location. Since I changed plans I had 6 more people drop out since Florida seems to be the new hot spot. Very disappointing but we know it is out of our control and we don't want people to feel unsafe. So now we are having a very intimate beach ceremony on Treasure Island Beach and then having a private dinner at a nice steakhouse downtown St. Pete. We still wanted this to be special and memorable for us so we still are having a wedding cake, champagne, wearing my original dress and just making a day out of it. Then come next year we will have a re-do ceremony and finally have our original reception in June! My biggest reason for postponing beside the wasted money if we went ahead was both my maid of honor and other bridesmaid now are unable to make it because of military restrictions, so that was a big deal for me and that is why we will end up doing a re-do ceremony next year as well! Best of luck next weekend and I know you are getting just as excited as I am! COVID has been a whirlwind but we are finally getting to our day!!