We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

N
Just Said Yes July 2021

July 2021

Nona, on January 28, 2021 at 9:31 AM Posted in New York Planning 1 5
Saved Save
I’m in the process of making a guest list for my wedding that’s in Long Island on July 3, 2021. As you can imagine, it’s extremely difficult knowing how to go about this with no clear idea of what the upcoming months will look like. My wedding is indoors so the current maximum is 50 people. Is anyone else making their contingent guest list of 50 or are you making it with 100 ish? I’m so lost

5 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on February 12, 2021 at 12:55 PM
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Nona! I would definitely work with the current maximum of 50 people!! And check with your venue about how those 50 people are counted, because that may include your wedding vendors and venue staff!

You can have a larger list of 100 guests on hand as well, but I would keep it secret and wait until you're closer to your wedding date and more confident of the local health situation and restrictions before inviting more people.

It will be way easier to invite more guests a month or two before your wedding with the good news that restrictions have been eased than to "uninvite" 50 guests you can't legally accommodate! 💖

• Jessa
    Savvy July 2021
    Jessa ·
    • Flag
    Hey girl , I’m made 3 guest lists
    A 50 person
    A 75-100 person and then my actual full one.I’m getting married July 2- so I totally understand how you feel.I’m staying positive and I feel we will be in a much better place by July. Summer is also a good thing because numbers will be naturally lower in the summer.Best of luck to you! 🥰💍
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    I made a 50 count list as back up. But Cuomo just announced yesterday they should be implementing a 50% capacity limit starting in March.July 2021 1

• N
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Nona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey! Yes, this was great news, do you know if dancing will be allowed?

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Im not sure, it didn't say. I would think so since everyone would've been tested but you never know nowadays!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics