Hello! We rescheduled from last May to this upcoming July for a vow renewal ceremony. We still had a small ceremony on the original date we had planned for 5/30/20. We're now 7/31/21 (pretty much August 😆). For the brides who are in the same boat as me, (we got engaged in 2018, original date of 5/30/20 for the traditional wedding, and are doing the big reception this year) are you still moving forward with things? We decided we are moving forward no matter what. We will take full precautions and provide plenty of PPE and have ensured our guests of this. at this point we just want to move forward with our lives without losing out on everything.
My husband and I are in the same boat. We had a small minimony in October 2020 and we originally had our big wedding scheduled for March 2021 but unfortunately our venue messaged me a couple of weeks ago and let us know that they wouldn't be able to service the wedding. So now we are in the process of rescheduling that for October 2021. If our venue could service the wedding, we would've continued with the March date!
I just had my modified COVID friendly wedding on January 16, but we are not having a big reception later. We decided against it before our wedding and had all of the bells and whistles for our smaller wedding. Instead, we are hosting watch parties in our respective hometowns to watch the wedding videos when they come in. I completely understand wanting to move forward with your big reception though -- I don't blame you at all. Hopefully, things with the pandemic will have eased (at least a little bit) before your reception.
Kind of in the same boat. Our wedding is on 4/3/21 & we’re getting married on that day regardless. The only thing that might change is the guest list. We’re providing plenty of PPE & the majority of our guests (us included) will have had the vaccine.
Hi Sara, we were in the same boat last year (postponed from June to August 14) and went forward with smaller guest list and outdoor ceremony and reception. Lots of PPE, no one got covid, and no regrets ❤️
Getting married July 2nd! We had originally planned to get married in 2021, the pandemic has definitely caused some stress and hasn't helped with my procrastination 🙈 I've gone in major waves of planning/apathy bc we really just don't know what the situation is going to be like. We are moving forward as a 'normal' wedding and reception (no trad dance floor though, we're doing yard games). I'm expecting around 80 actual guests, everything is outdoors aside from the bar. We are setting up sanitizing stations, PPE when indoors (unless vaccination rollout is successful by our date), and we're separating the reception tables and seating people according to family/households
View Quoted Comment
No prob! 😊 yeah, this pic below is how I’ve been envisioning my reception tables (everyone sharing a meal together at two long tables) but I think we’re just going to pull them apart and I’m want my photographer to angle at least a few set-up pictures to make it look like they’re close together 😅😂
We became engaged July 2020, and decided then that July 31, 2021 is our date. We wont be changing our date and are not too worried since it will be held in our own yard with about 50 of our close friends and family. I feel as if we have a slight advantage because of where we live. We are going to provide hand washing stations and masks.
Your story sounds like mine. Engaged 2018, mini ceremony in October of 2020 and planned reception for 7-11-21. I don’t know which state your in but I’m in NY and for NY venues they have been working under half capacity restrictions/to no more than 50 people, and no dancing allowed. I’m hoping by summer we can at-least have dancing and more than 50 people at venues. If that being said we will move forward If those restrictions lift, if not we may opt for a smaller back yard wedding.