Lynnie
WeddingWire Administrator October 2016

Jewelry - Matching or Mixing It Up?

Lynnie, on September 24, 2019 at 11:05 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 56
Saved Save

Have you decided on these dainty details? Will your maids be matching right down to their bracelets, or will they each accessorize in their own way?

Matching?Jewelry - Matching or Mixing It Up? 1

Photo by Erin Lee Allender Photography in Nashville, TN

Or Mixing It Up?Jewelry - Matching or Mixing It Up? 2

Photo by Birch Blaze Studios in Dover, NH (Fun fact - these are all my gold bangles for a friend's wedding!)

Next Question: Bouquets?

Back to the Beginning: Matching or Mixing It Up?

56 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did actually give all mine the same jewelry but not all of them wore it
  • Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I had planned for them to match, ordered them each the same necklace, but only one arrived and I have no idea where the other one is

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Probably matching, but haven't chosen anything just yet.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I didn't actually think about any jewelry but if they do wear any, it would be up to them to either use what they already have or buy a new piece of jewelry as long as it matches the entire ensemble.

• Chinda
    Dedicated December 2020
    Chinda ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t think of this 🤔 but i did give my MOH a bracelet (when i asked her to be my MOH) with her birth stone on it that she can wear for the wedding
  • EllieRose
    Expert February 2020
    EllieRose ·
    • Flag
    Matching bracelets, mixed up everything else!
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Matching necklaces that I ordered for each. The earrings and bracelets they can pick different ones that match their personalities

• Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Mixing it up, I'm letting them choose their own accessories. They will all be in the same dress so I wanted them to be able to show some personality.

• Ashley
    Dedicated May 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Since they all have matching dresses and I’m not giving jewelry, I said they can wear whatever they want as long as it is silver toned (dresses have silver beads).
  • Lauren
    Rockstar February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I'm giving all my girls pink freshwater pearl earrings for their bridesmaids gift. They can wear them for they wedding if they'd like but don't have to (I got a pair as well but won't be wearing them for the wedding).

• Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I got them all necklaces to wear but everything else accessory-wise they were able to wear whatever they wanted.

• Cheyenne
    Beginner October 2020
    Cheyenne ·
    • Flag
    Mix it up! As long as it's fairly minimal
  • Kaylynn
    Dedicated June 2020
    Kaylynn ·
    • Flag
    They can wear whatever jewelry they'd like.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Mixing it up. They are all wearing something different, but everyone will be in silver.

• Jennifer
    Expert October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    I am allowing them to choose their own accessories.
  • Ashley
    Devoted August 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

They can wear whatever they want. As of right now I'm thinking I may get them each a bracelet as a gift, but if they don't want to wear it that's fine. I'm already asking them to wear a certain color dress. I don't think the jewelry they wear is all that important, and probably won't even be noticed.

• Amanda
    Expert October 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    One bridesmaid, but if I had more I'd let them mix it up & have fun with it.
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

My MOH and I had matching bracelets that were made a little unique with the charms on them

• Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Mixing. The girls were allowed to accessorize however they wanted. I gifted them all a bracelet but each one was personalized to their likes and I didn't care if they wore it that day.

• Rachel
    Dedicated October 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    I haven’t even thought about the jewelry. It’ll be up to them to style how they see fit.

Comment on this discussion