Cassandra
Just Said Yes October 2020

Jamaica vs. Aruba

Cassandra, on July 8, 2020 at 5:53 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Saved
We initially wanted to honeymoon in Aruba, which has the best weather all year. However, at the time we're going, the weather will be great across the Caribbean. We discovered that we can get more vacation for our money (more nights, better room) in Jamaica. Has anyone been to both places? Is it really worth the huge price tag to visit Aruba? Or is Jamaica just as beautiful and luxurious?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Theadra, on October 6, 2020 at 5:51 PM
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    You’re comparing apples to oranges.
    Aruba is very Dutch Caribbean and yes more costly but gorgeous
    Jamaica is pure Caribbean, also beautiful and yes you get more for your buck but personally, I’d go Aruba over Jamaica
  • Caitlin
    Devoted June 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    I would go to Aruba over Jamaica. Jamaica is more dangerous and has more crimes than Aruba.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    We're doing a honeymoon in Jamaica at Sandals Resorts. We're staying 7 days at an all inclusive resort meals, drinks and water sports all included.
  • Chelsea
    Expert June 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

I haven't been to either, but I have a good friend that goes to Aruba every other year. She says it is her favorite vacation spot — and she's a travel agent!

• Sabrina
    Savvy September 2022
    Sabrina ·
    • Flag
    I'm from Jamaica and I promise you that on the resorts you do not have to worry about danger or crimes. Even on some of the main roads and outta skirts places have some of the most sincere and beautiful humble people. I've been too both and I have to say there both great places! But if your looking for more romantic honeymoon vibes I would choose sandals jamaican resort and I would choose the over the water villas...the property its self looks amazing! We are considering that for our honeymoon as well. Never been too sandals been checking out reviews so far it's on our list! https://www.sandals.com/jamaica/honeymoons/ Jamaica vs. Aruba 1

• Renay
    Devoted April 2020
    Renay ·
    • Flag

I can't speak to Aruba, but I can say that we honeymooned last month in Ocho Rios, Jamaica at Couples Tower Isle and I 1,000% would recommend it. The food, the views, the PEOPLE! On and off the resort was just incredible. Definitely got a lot of bang for our buck.

• Theadra
    Devoted June 2021
    Theadra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My family is from Jamaica and to say one whole country is dangerous than another is very inaccurate lol. There is crime spots in different areas no matter where you go in the world.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics