We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Heather
Beginner October 2020

It happened..we postponed.

Heather, on March 24, 2020 at 6:30 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 13
Saved Save
Our wedding day was supposed to be in 17 days, April 11th. I have planned for over a year and today we made the phone calls to postpone to October 3rd. Luckily all of our vendors were understanding (and available). My heart hurts and the thought of having a spring color wedding in october makes me cringe a little but we will be healthy and have our family with us so I am trying to look at the bright side. Has anyone else changed their dates? (We had no choice due to the executive order #120 the governor posted in NC)

13 Comments

Latest activity by Heather, on March 26, 2020 at 11:10 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I’m glad you were able to get a new date though
  • Dominique
    Devoted June 2020
    Dominique ·
    • Flag
    I'm sorry you had to reschedule... Our original date was 3/21/20 in Vegas but since they went on a 30 day lockdown we were forced to reschedule. Our new date is 5/9!
  • Karen
    Devoted July 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    We had to change our April wedding to August. Luckily for us as well, all of our vendors were available for our new date.
  • Heather
    Beginner October 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Where is your wedding going to be? August in NC is a no-go because we would melt, so we opted for October in hopes of cooler weather.
  • Heather
    Beginner October 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm sorry you had to postpone as well. A Vegas wedding sounds exciting! And in the spring time, I'm sure it will be beautiful.
  • Karen
    Devoted July 2020
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are in Texas and actually August is probably the hottest month in Texas (I think) but everything is going to be indoors so I'm not too concerned about it. We pretty much took the earliest date available.
  • Heather
    Beginner October 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank goodness for ac then haha. Good luck to you guys on everything.
  • Ellen
    Dedicated September 2020
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    Our 5/9 wedding is now 8/1.... we are trying to change our menu. Truffle cream gnocchi in Chicago summer..... hard pass!
  • Cynthia
    Savvy April 2021
    Cynthia ·
    • Flag
    April 11th was our date too. We officially postponed this morning. Very hard to do when we've been working on it for 16 months. All of my vendors are on board, no conflicts. We went for the full year. New date 4/10/2021. It's the right decision for us, and that way everyone can enjoy the day without fear. Actually going to get married on our date in a few weeks, small beach ceremony then the big ceremony/reception next year. Good luck!
  • C
    Dedicated April 2020
    Cindy ·
    • Flag
    26 days until our date, and our state just went into a 21 day lockdown. Of course, no license yet, so we will probably have to move our date out.
  • Heather
    Beginner October 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I hope you are able to with no trouble, we are able to keep everything the same. We are bringing spring to early October.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

My heart goes to you Heather! I know it's been really tough on everyone who's had to change their plans. Smiley heart

So glad all of your vendors were able to work with you to reschedule!!

• Heather
    Beginner October 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you Lynnie,
    Now that everything has been moved it is almost like a weight has been lifted with the constant worry of will we have to cancel and will the vendors understand..we will be sure to do something on our original date just the two of us. Maybe bake a cake and drink some wine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics