Kendra
Devoted July 2021

It gets better ladies!

Kendra, on February 18, 2020 at 8:56 PM Posted in Planning 1 8
Saved
Just wanted to send some encouragement to you ladies! I’ve seen a ton of posts asking or talking about the lack of interest or help from their significant others, which doesn’t help since most of the planning falls to us and we bear all the stress.

Stay positive ladies 😊Me and my FH are about 4 1/2 months out and he just started getting involved. I have him 2 tasks which were the photographer and dj since he is in the business and knows people and then of course ask his groomsmen and get them setup with tuxes. This man just started becoming more actively involved in the planning lol. He procrastinated so much he literally just asked his brothers and nephews to be groomsmen. Granted they are family and coming to the wedding but still i think he should’ve asked sooner. We finally have the dj and he is working in the photographer.
But definitely try not to stress too much. Hopefully getting them involved with the larger tasks and not the small details will allow them to be more open to the planning process.
Best of luck to you all and happy planning! ❤️

8 Comments

Latest activity by Brandi, on February 19, 2020 at 3:49 PM
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    It’s always nice to get updates when everything is going well! Best wishes!
  • Brandi
    Devoted May 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    Great read! My FH wants no part of the planning lol. He just says tell me when and where and I’ll be there. Then I send him things I’m considering and he’s like “ I don’t like that”. I’ve learned if he thinks he has no “part in the planning” but voices his opinion, he’s helping lol. I guess I’ve learned him lol. It does get so overwhelming at times. All the diff flowers and dresses start looking the same and it gets so jumbled in my brain! But when I start to feel that way, I take a step back and breathe. Focus on something else for that afternoon. Rejuvenate my mind and body and start again tomorrow. I now fully understand why people take so long from engagement to wedding! Man it’s a process 😂
  • Teresa
    Devoted September 2020
    Teresa ·
    • Flag
    I'm 2 months & my fiancè just started also, all on his own. He ordered items I needed without me asking him & went to the store & bought some more things.
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag

Yay for a positive post! This is so great to hear! My FH is definitely not a planner... He took sooo long to ask his groosmemn and his best man. I had to keep bugging him lol. I have to give him things one at a time and remind him of them. BUT any help he gives is very much appreciated. I'm glad he at least offers his opinions when I ask; my friend's now-husband told her to not even speak to him about the wedding at all unless it was relating specifically to where/when he had to be.

We gotta appreciate our FH for doing what they do best, amiright? It's not always planning, but their emotional support is so wonderful.

• Kendra
    Devoted July 2021
    Kendra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks same to you!
  • Kendra
    Devoted July 2021
    Kendra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes anytime they can give some input it’s definitely better than nothing! My FH is the same way. I make sure to only ask about the big details like food, music, and pictures.

We actually have been engaged for 2 years and my mind has changed so many times lol. I’ve had to stop looking at Pinterest and IG
  • Kendra
    Devoted July 2021
    Kendra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ughh isn’t that so annoying sometimes lol. It used to give me so much anxiety trying to get him to do things. But eventually i think just stepping back and giving them space to do things on their terms will help! I just gave a deadline of when things need to be done and haven’t said a peep since.

But i agree any input is better than nothing!
  • Brandi
    Devoted May 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Same girl lol. Been engaged three years. And I’ve changed so many things already lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics