Meghan
Just Said Yes August 2021

Is October a go?

Meghan, on May 19, 2020 at 4:08 PM Posted in Massachusetts Planning 0 13
Saved
Reply
So I’ve already postponed once from May to October. I’m supposed to be getting married in Massachusetts October 17 but received a text from my hair stylist asking if I was cancelling because all of her October brides have....what are people opinions. are things going to open back up or am I going to need to postpone again ?

13 Comments

Latest activity by FutureSWJ, on July 3, 2020 at 4:22 PM
  • Leanne
    Super September 2020
    Leanne ·
    • Flag
    I would wait til August to decide. We postponed our April date to September. Do you have any venue or vendor requirements keeping you from moving the date again? I personally think it will be fine by then.
    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    I think all you can do is wait for the Northeastern states to begin their phase implementation. To my knowledge none of these states have done so. Until that happens, sadly you’re in limbo. Have you looked on your states websites to see the reopening timeline?


    That’s what I’ve been doing, that’s really the only control we currently have.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I’m not postponing (10/24/20), it looks like here in Ohio things are slowly opening up. They mentioned on the news about a plan since we have indoor dining allowed now (groups of 10 six feet apart). I may have to downsize considerably which I have no problem with as long as in not still paying for 150 people lol.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I would wait until Late July to decide if you can, whatever works best for you.
    • Reply
  • Futuremrsn
    Devoted October 2020
    Futuremrsn ·
    • Flag
    Wait until end of summer, that’s what we are doing. We postponed from May to October as well, and our county is still in the red zone, so we are keeping in contact with our venue above all and they’re optimistic for October.
    • Reply
  • Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    We’re getting married October 3rd and are waiting until August to make a decision if we’re going to postpone.
    • Reply
  • Marissa
    Expert October 2020
    Marissa ·
    • Flag

    I'm not canceling or postponing. Like other brides on here I'm also waiting until the end of summer to make a final decision. I'm still in the process of planning like usual cause I want to get married on our original date.

    • Reply
  • Elizabeth
    Master December 2016
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

    Agree with others that you need to wait to decide. We should all remember as well that there may be a second wave and that will come with further restrictions.

    • Reply
  • Niki
    Devoted August 2020
    Niki ·
    • Flag
    I’m so sorry you’re going through this!! Me too!! I hope all is well by October! My bday is October 17 so I’m feeling good vibes for you!!
    • Reply
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

    I postponed from April to September and hope to not postpone again. Planning to cut guest list instead to 50 or hopefully to 100 if possible by then.

    • Reply
  • Christina
    Devoted July 2020
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    Humm I think you should wait. Massachusetts is starting to open up and I feel like October there might some restrictions but you could have it if you really want to. I say wait until you know the restrictions since you in MA and then go from there. Stage three will be here by July so you will know more about our “new normal” then !
    • Reply
  • Christina
    Dedicated October 2021
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    So I was actually coming here for the same thing. I thought based on the 4 phase plan we’d be a sure thing in October, but I just heard phase 4 won’t occur until there is a vaccine or “treatment” in place. I really don’t think they’ll be able to keep so much closed for what could be 1-2 years to develop a cure, but now I am stressing. I don’t want to give up hope yet, and I told myself I’m giving it til about mid-July/early August but now I feel like we’ve been doomed this whole time
    • Reply
  • F
    Savvy June 2021
    FutureSWJ ·
    • Flag
    Phase 3 guidelines were released yesterday. It specifically addresses weddings but limits indoor weddings to 25 people max. As you pointed out earlier, Phase 4 will not occur until there is a vaccine or treatment.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics