Kayla
Dedicated March 2020

Is my dress one of a kind or something?

Kayla, on September 10, 2019 at 3:05 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved
Hey, so after I find my dress at a small Bridal shop in New Jersey, I was dying to know where it came from. So I called the shop and they said the designer was Mon Cheri. I searched everywhere online for it and didn't find it. When I went back today to get my measurements, I took pictures of the tags so that I had the style number of the dress. But, I still can't find it!

DressIs my dress one of a kind or something? 1

Store TagIs my dress one of a kind or something? 2

Dress TagIs my dress one of a kind or something? 3

Why can't I find it anywhere online??? I mean, I don't need to find it, but I am just super curious!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Sexypoodle, on September 11, 2019 at 2:52 AM
  • Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Did you buy off the rack? It could be a dress from last season or up to over a year ago. If the designer updates their website and inventory regularly it could no longer be on the website.

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking that "S16" means Spring 2016 for the collection it was released in, then J036 being the style. If it was made by a specific designer in 2016, I doubt it would be easy to find. There was a girl on here looking for a specific Vera Wang from a few years ago that she was having trouble with. Just my guess! Beautiful dress though, it looks great on you! Smiley smile

• Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    It could be even older, if the style is still on trend they’ll keep a dress at a salon for longer than a year.
  • Jordan
    Expert September 2019
    Jordan ·
    • Flag

Have you tried checking the bridal shop's website? Sometimes that change the style numbers for their own use.

• Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes I did. I figured it was from a previous season since I can't find it on current bridal sites.

• Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That makes sense, I still can't find it though hahaha thank you!!!

• Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The bridal shop doesn't have a website/it's not a working url anymore.

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

Just wanted to tell you that your dress is GORGEOUS!!

• Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!!!

• LaLa
    Devoted October 2019
    LaLa ·
    • Flag

Mine's off the rack. It took me a while to even figure out what brand it was lol, it's called "White One" I can't find my specific dress on any websites either. Which I think is pretty cool actually. Smiley smile

• Bridget
    Devoted October 2019
    Bridget ·
    • Flag
    Ok so this isn’t a helpful comment- but wow you look beautiful in that dress!!
  • Kelly
    Devoted March 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    Idk, but I love, love, love your dress!! It is beautiful!? The style, the details!! It's amazing!! Looks perfect on you too!! Good luck to ya!!
  • Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think it's pretty cool too! Makes us feel more unique Smiley smile

• Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!

• Kayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aw thanks! I fell in love with it, every detail, the moment I tried it on! I knew right away it was the one!

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Is there an actual tag that says Mon Cheri? Maybe she mistakenly quoted the wrong designer.

My dress is new but from a designer’s Fall 2015 line and I can hardly find pics of it... only of a few pics of models, but none of actual brides. However, I love that part because my dress definitely isn’t running around on every bride and it’s not a style that’s been seen everywhere. So it’s great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics