We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Destiny
Just Said Yes August 2022

Is it to early

Destiny, on July 8, 2020 at 10:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 9
Saved Save
I'm getting married 8/27/22 is it to early to start paying and planning?I'm not a last min person but my fiancé is no help with it either. What should I do?

9 Comments

• Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely not! Start looking for your venue and the vendors that are most important to you to get things booked. I’m sure 2021-22 are going to be competitive because so many weddings have had to postpone. Congratulations and good luck with the wedding planning! It goes by so fast so enjoy it ❤️
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s fine to start looking for venues this early. Other things you could probably wait on depending on their popularity
  • L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I think now is a good time to start looking around at venues and vendors! Other things can probably wait until time gets a little closer, but I would recommend booking the vendors and venue first. Congratulations!!
  • Ralusher
    Beginner April 2021
    Ralusher ·
    • Flag
    I started planning on 2018 and even tho I had a lot of time planning i still am left with a lot of work to do because of the uncertainty of when the state I live in will allow the number of guests I have
  • Margaret
    VIP October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

I think now is a good time to start planning your budget and wedding ideas. I'm not sure I'd go into full planning mode. I started a year and half out and 9 months out we changed everything from a fall mountain wedding to a fall beach wedding. I'm 3 months out and almost everything is done.

• L
    Devoted July 2020
    Lindsay ·
    • Flag
    The earlier the better I say!
  • Brittany
    Expert October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I say you are never too early to start looking and refining what you like and think your vision is for your day!! I think the earlier you start to look for the BIG things ie: dress, venue, carter, photographer, etc. is good because prices rise each year for those things. So you could save a lot on looking early and booking what you feel is exactly right for both of you!!

• Samantha
    Dedicated April 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

The earlier the better! Especially with everything going on now and brides having to push back until 2021. Vendors might get booked up sooner than normal. And it gives you move time to make payments!

• Amber
    Devoted January 2022
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think it’s too early we started planning our January 2022 wedding in November of last year. We have some of the major vendors booked and I am now starting to look for some of the smaller ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles