Elizabeth
Dedicated October 2020

Is anyone making their own dress or veil? Here's mine!

Elizabeth, on September 12, 2019 at 7:10 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved Save
I just cannot get a decent pic of this veil. It sparkles too hard or the lighting is all wrong lol. Anyway it's much more beautiful in person. it's a 2 tier white tulle fingertip length veil all hand sewn and I'm now onto hand beading the every part of the edges of both tiers with pearlescent white glass seed beads and 6mm Aurora crystal 6mm Swarovski crystal beads. The flowers on the comb are also Swarovski crystal. I think I'm actually pretty good at this. Etsy here I come! Lol
Anyone else done DIY for your wedding outfit or accesories?

Is anyone making their own dress or veil? Here's mine! 1

Is anyone making their own dress or veil? Here's mine! 2

Is anyone making their own dress or veil? Here's mine! 3

Is anyone making their own dress or veil? Here's mine! 4

5 Comments

• H
    Super September 2019
    H
    • Flag
    I'm not making mine but there is another bride here making her dress I've been following. She hasn't posted an update in white, but I'm sure if you search handmade dress you'll find the thread!
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2020
    Elizabeth
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I'm altering and customizing mine but after researching all the construction and everything it would be expensive with the fabric alone. More expensive than a used dress. Easier for me to start with an already made base dress. I think this is interesting though. I'd love to see how other's handmade accesories and dresses turn out.
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba
    • Flag
    I couldn鈥檛 make it for what I paid on Amazon. It compliments my 馃懓馃憲 so well.

Congratulations and 馃崁鈥硷笍
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2020
    Elizabeth
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's exactly where I am with it. I got this nice pattern I was gonna customize into a gorgeous tulle ballgown. But when I read the back and all the fabric I was gonna need and the extras I would need it was much cheaper to buy a used gown.
  • Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    That looks great 馃憤

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics