Heather
Just Said Yes October 2020

Inviting people not on original list

Heather, on September 14, 2020 at 4:25 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Saved
So I sent out invites, and I’ve gotten some “No’s” already. I’d like to invite a few people who weren’t on my original guest list. What’s the best way to do this?

I also don’t have extra invitations. 🤦🏼‍♀️

6 Comments

Latest activity by Margaret, on September 15, 2020 at 9:16 AM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    This is B listing and it’s typically considered very rude, especially this close to your wedding when it’s more obvious and you don’t even have invitations for these “guests.”
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Agreed. Celebrate with them at a later date but don't invite them to the wedding when it is impossible to do so.
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    Ive Had People Ask If They Can Come But Werent On The List, And I Added Them As People Declined. Nobody Thought It Was Rude At All. And Because The RSVP Deadline Was So Close They Didnt Get Invites, They Just Got Our Wedding Website To RSVP.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

With COVID I don't think people would be offended.

• C
    Just Said Yes April 2022
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    I think people are very understanding right now so not fair to just blanket say this is rude. If you had to cap your list because of Covid, people get it. You could say something like, “because of COVID we had to limit our guests to family (and XYZ) but as soon as space opened up I thought of you and would love it you could come be part of the celebration.” Since you don’t have more invites I would call them (not text) and invite them and then email them all the details they would need.

That all being said, I’ve gotten a “b list” invite to a wedding before (in non-Covid times) and wasn’t offended at all - it was a wedding I didn’t fully expect to get invited to, so was nice to be included.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

We thought about doing this, but decided completely against it as we didn't want them to think they were thought as second.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics