Skip to main content
Natasha
Savvy October 2018

Inviting Co-workers to Bridal Shower

Natasha, on July 17, 2018 at 12:18 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Saved
Hey everyone,
So we're having a destination wedding which means a lot of people won't be going that would normally go if we were getting married in town. My question is whether it is okay or not to invite my female co-workers / work friends to my bridal shower if they aren't going to the wedding.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Katie, on July 17, 2018 at 9:40 AM
  • C
    Savvy June 2020
    Claire ·
    • Flag

Are they invited to the wedding, but aren't able to go? Or are you not inviting them to the wedding at all? I think it's perfectly fine to invite your work friends to your shower even though they can't attend the wedding (they'll probably appreciate the chance to get to celebrate with you in town) - as long as you did at least invite them to the wedding! I would be really upset if I got invited to a shower but not the wedding (would kind of make me feel like I wasn't good enough for the real deal haha!).

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Are they invited to the wedding? If so, they can be invited to the shower. If not, it would be rude to invite them to give you a gift for a wedding that they're not invited to. Often times coworkers will throw their own shower for a bride even when they aren't invited to the wedding. If they choose to do that, it would be acceptable.

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    Hi Natasha! Bridal shower etiquette involves hosting individuals who are also invited to the wedding! Smiley shame
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

With coworkers they can throw you a shower or come if they are invited to the wedding. I would not invite them to a shower someone outside of work is holding. That looks super gift grabby.

• Cari
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Cari ·
    • Flag

I don't think that it is a problem to invite your co-workers at your bridal party even if they are not invited to the wedding at all. After all at work not everybody is really your friend - maybe you have some friends from work, who you have been invited to the wedding.

• Katie
    Master October 2016
    Katie ·
    • Flag

If they are not invited to the wedding then I wouldn't invite them. If they are I don't see why not!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics