Mayra
Savvy October 2021

Invitations/std’s

Mayra, on June 5, 2020 at 11:46 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved
Hi. So I was discussing STD’s and invitations to my cousin. She said I shouldn’t send invitations to everyone, only to those who RSVP via STD. I have never heard of that, I was thinking of sending STD AND invites to all. She said that’s how she did hers, what do you all think? Thank you

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kristi, on June 6, 2020 at 5:45 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    No one really responds or RSVPs via a save the date. But there’s people I guess who tell you that they can’t make it based off the save the date
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag

No. You send invites to everyone on your list, regardless if they replied to the save the date or not.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    That’s definitely not a thing! Lol. You’re not supposed to respond to save the dates!
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah Online ·
    • Flag
    RSVPs go with the invitation, not the save the date. I've heard of people only sending save the dates yo some guests (like out of towners and VIPs) and then invitations to everyone. The save the date is a relatively new thing and it's exactly as it sounds. It gives guests a heads up. The invitation is what actually invites people to the wedding, and that is what people RSVP to.
  • A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    That doesn’t make sense. There’s no RSVP to save the dates. As another stated, it’s not necessary to send save the dates to everyone (or even at all), but everyone should get an invitation. Guests RSVP to that and only that.
  • Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

That sounds really strange to me honestly. I haven't heard of anyone in my personal life sending RSVP's with a STD. The STD is just to give the guests that date of the event. It's to allow them time to take the time off of work and to start looking into travel arrangements if they have to travel for you wedding. The STD as a way to let them know to expect a formal invitation. The RSVP's should go with your invitations when you do send them out.

• Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Like everyone else has said, that's really weird. You don't RSVP from a STD... so you definitely need to send invites to everyone you send a STD to.

• Kerin
    Super February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag
    No one RSVPs to a save the date...Invitations are sent with RSVPs for that reason.
  • Mercy
    Savvy October 2020
    Mercy ·
    • Flag
    I know it’s unusual but we did an rsvp card with our save the date, (we felt the need to send STD’s in the first place because most of the people we’re inviting are not from the state where we are having the wedding.) My fiancé suggested it and honestly it makes sense to me if you’re trying to save money. We figured we’d cut the cost of having to buy invites for people who won’t even come. It’s probably not the classiest thing to do but I’d rather spend that money somewhere else if I can.
  • Katie
    Savvy October 2022
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    RSVPS typically go with Invitations from what I've seen. I think it's up to the bride and groom when they want to send them out.
  • Kristi
    Beginner June 2021
    Kristi ·
    • Flag
    No one RSVPed to our save the dates, we put our RSVP card in the invitations. Also on our info card we put our wedding website which has our registry linked. Some guests may not be able to make it, but will still want to send you a gift.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics