Kelly
Devoted April 2021

Invitations

Kelly, on August 7, 2020 at 11:20 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 24
Saved
Good morning fellow brides ,
So im sure most of you know that alot of invitation sites can be quite pricey in the end, i am the most ridiculous bargain shopper lol so i was searching around and found an app called canva. I was wondering if any of you have used this or are familiar with it? I downloaded it and played around on and created sample invites but i havent printed them, it seems as if you create your invitation and download it perhaps and print them from home or in my case since i do not have or know anyone with a printer bring it to a staples or something to be printed, i am just not entirely sure how to do it properly... if anyone has used this can you help me out please? Im not at all tech savy which people find silly because im 29 lol

fun side note about me : i didnt get my first smart phone until i was like 24 hahahaha i loved my stupid little pink flip phone ahahahahah, my mother is the one who was like you need to update yourself ahahaha

24 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on August 8, 2020 at 9:00 PM
  • Emma
    Super October 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    I’ve never heard of that site. For my invites I bought a template off esty for $30, it came with a template for any stationary I would need. I edited it and then ordered the invites through staples. Cost about $150 for 100 invites and postcard rsvps, including envelopes.
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow, thats not bad ! Ill have to look into that!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    IDK anything about that app. But I had to reply because back in 2006 I had a pink flip phone for about a year or two. 😆 The app sounds cool and I bet Staples or FedEx Office would certainly know how to print it for you.
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    I haven't used this personally but a friend of mine used it to make her wedding invites and many other projects afterwards. She said it's very simple to use for a non-tech savvy person like her. Just mix and match art elements (fonts, clipart, etc) She said that having it printed at the local Staples gave her more printing options than what they offer.
  • Emma
    Super October 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

https://etsy.me/2yGnrJb
    Here’s a link to the one I got! They have a lot of different designs in their esty shop!
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I love canva, but I usually use it on my laptop because I hate creating things in my phone! I used it to make our save the dates and for several other projects in the past. Just watch for whether the graphic and/or fonts you select are free or cost money. Depending on what I’m creating, I’ve either printed at home or had it printed someplace like staples. You can also print custom invitation designs through Shutterfly and Zazzle, so you would just upload your design there when you’re done. I don’t know cost comparison, but they will come with envelopes and possibly paper options.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I did not use that app. I just used Microsoft word to make my invites. I found a nice background online and then just typed everything out in a nice font and printed them on card stock, then cut them to size and it cost me about 15 bucks.

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

Canva is a great site! You can definitely download your invite and take it to get printed. You'd be able to choose your card stock once there and just plug up the dimensions in the machine or if someone there is printing it for you, let them know the sizing.

• Renay
    Devoted April 2020
    Renay ·
    • Flag

I used Greetings Island to design mine, and printed them online through Print Runner. I got 100 invitations for like $45!

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    I have used Publisher for many documents and using it to custom make our masks and welcome totes and labels for other amenities we’re handing out.
    Sounds like a great site, I’d definitely try it on any type printer.
    We used zazzle for our STDs and Invites - with postage our total came to $140, which was very economical imo. Just watch using a staples or whomever to print could cost more than just using a one stop shop site.
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hahaha yea i had a real rough time parting with that phone ahahah
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh cool, do you know if she had to like put it on a usb drive or something... do people even still use usb drives ahahahah
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome! Thank you so much!!
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Cool, thanks so much !
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! Very smart ahaha i didnt even think of that!!!!!
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Perfect! Thanks girl!
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow thats a great deal, ill def check em out , thanks
  • Kelly
    Devoted April 2021
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the advice, i will definitely watch costs before i start placing any sort of orders! Thanks
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    USB drives have not gone anywhere. People still use them everyday. Yes she saved the files and took it to a local Office Max/Staples and was able to pick out cardstock in store and any foil overlays, etc. It was cheaper than printing through Canva and gave her more design freedom than Zazzle, etc. She downloaded and purchased fonts and clipart elsewhere that she loved to be able to use as she wanted.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No problem!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics