Skip to main content
Mandi
Master October 2020

Invitations and Details Cards

Mandi, on August 15, 2020 at 12:00 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved
I'm working on my wedding invitations.

Well... the second set... for the in person wedding.

Ok. So I'm just using a zazzle template. It says "mischief, mayhem, dinner and dancing will follow the ceremony"
Does that imply the cocktail hour starts immediately after? Does that imply the reception starts immediately after?
Were hoping to have an informal cocktail hour after.
Should I make a separate details card?Cocktail hourReception timesWe're requiring masksAdults only

6 Comments

Latest activity by Asia, on August 15, 2020 at 11:11 AM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think it implies one or the other. Most people will know that cocktail hour follows the ceremony. If not, it’s not the end of the world. They’re not going to think “what the heck, the invitation said mayhem immediately after the ceremony?!” I don’t find detail cards necessary most of the time. You could simply put “masks required” at the bottom of the invitation, or have some at the wedding for those who show up without them. Address the invitations to those who are invited and there won’t be any reason to mention that it’s adults only.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks.

We tried the being specific on addressing invitations when we sent them out in January. And we had roughly 50 additional children and "dates" added to our list. We didn't care then. But we have to now.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You can add “we have reserved ___ seats in your honor,” and fill in the number for each household. That should help.
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    If everything is in one location, you don't need to tell anyone what time each part starts. As long as they know when the ceremony is, they'll already bre there when things start happening around them. I think in this situation you may want to have a details card for covid-related things, which in your case includes requiring masks and excluding children.
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Is everything at the same venue? Then just list the ceremony start time. Most people assume that any gap afterwards will be driving time only to the reception. You only need to list cocktail hour start time if it's at a different location.
  • Asia
    Devoted December 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    I think the quote is a catch-all. They just know it’s something after. Most already assume it would be cocktail hour and reception.

BUT if you aren’t planning to do those things the list what your plans are.
    If the cocktail/reception is somewhere else then I would definitely give guests a heads up on the details

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics