Sara
Beginner May 2021

Interfaith Wedding Ceremony

Sara, on May 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 4
Saved
Are there any other brides out there having interfaith (Jewish & Christian) wedding ceremonies? What are y’all doing? Having one officiant do both faiths or two?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Mrs.a, on May 3, 2020 at 9:18 PM
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    My husband is Catholic and I'm Jewish. To make things easier, and because neither of us happen to be religious, we opted to have a secular wedding and leave religion out of it. However, I've definitely heard of having 2 officiants before. You just have to make sure that they are both aware of each other and are willing to do it (I believe some rabbis, priests, etc. will not do an interfaith wedding).
  • C
    Dedicated September 2021
    Conny ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing an interfaith (Catholic and Jewish ). We’re having a priest and a Rabbi. They’ve done a few interfaith weddings before so that makes it easier.
    I met with the Rabbi and he walked me through the entire ceremony as it is in the Jewish faith then we picked out what worked for us. Same with the priest. They will coordinate closer to the date to make sure they’re within the time allotted (30 -40ish max minutes). The Catholic part is about 20 min and the Jewish part is about 15 ish. I’m absolutely excited to have this at our wedding. I wanted religion in my wedding which may or may not matter to everyone! We have friends who did a non- religious option. It’s what works for you and what makes you happy ! Good luck x
  • J
    Dedicated August 2021
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

He is Jewish and I was raised Catholic. Neither one of us is religious at all, but the religious traditions are important to our families. We couldn't find a priest who would marry us so we are doing a Christian/Jewish interfaith ceremony with a Presbyterian minister and a Jewish cantor.

• Mrs.a
    Master October 2021
    Mrs.a ·
    • Flag
    I’ve heard of & been two weddings with 2 ceremonies for each faith.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics