CountryBride
VIP April 2022

Indecisive about my dresses

CountryBride, on October 14, 2021 at 11:38 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved

So I am Pregnant and being indecisive, I have two Wedding gowns and after thinking about it I am torn I am thinking about Wearing only the reception gown, I originally bought the Reception dress that just came in on September 23rd and I love it but I don't feel bridal enough, I don't know if it's because it's not poofy enough or because when I got married to my ex I wore a white plain gown with no detail and it was a similar silhouette, so while waiting for the dress to come in I decided to get a ball gown from Davids Bridal and I love the dress but it is very poofy and I love it but I don't love it enough to wear it all night, after looking at the pictures of me in it I feel pretty but also I don't have that glow, I want my fiance to be like wow!!!! so is it okay if I wear both the ball gown for the ceremony and the trumpet for the Reception? or do I just wear the reception dress throughout the wedding day , we are getting married at a lakehouse so it's very rustic and my fiance is wearing jeans vest tie cowboy hat and boots, Honest opinions are welcomed,

I love the ball gown cause I feel like a bride I wasn't wearing a bra in the picture I think it's gorgeous and I love the train in the dress

Indecisive about my dresses 1

The trumpet dress is amazing I love how it shows off my hips and gives me that figure I feel sexy and beautiful this dress and I glow the only downfall is I don't feel like it's bridal enough cause it's not poofy enough

this is the back of the trumpet dress I will have to get the train altered since I wouldn't be using it but I love the train on this dress as well as the other one

Indecisive about my dresses 2

Indecisive about my dresses 3

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rosie, on October 14, 2021 at 5:33 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

Do whichever is best for you. I believe you posted about this before because I remember how similar the dresses were lol - if you already have both dresses then go for it. I understand not wanting to wear a ballgown for the reception. If you can't return one for a refund, I would just wear them both or you'll be wasting money.

• Jessica
    Dedicated October 2021
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I love the bottom one! Wear both as Yasmine said or you can sell one if you don’t wear it (easier to sell new).
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    Both are gorgeous dresses! I agree with Yasmine, do what your heart wants to do. You could always wear your ball gown from the ceremony all the way through the reception formal events (first dance, speeches, etc), and then switch to the trumpet once open dancing starts. That way, you are wearing the dress that you feel most bridal in for the formal parts of the wedding, and then a different one that's maybe easier to dance in for the rest.
  • Cece
    Super November 2022
    Cece Online ·
    • Flag
    Just do whatever you feel like doing on your wedding day. You already have both dresses, so there’s no need to make a decision now. When you wake up that morning, put on both dresses and whichever you feel beautiful in, wear it! And if you feel beautiful and both that day, then wear both!
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Just wear both! You like both for different reasons and you already have them, so why not?
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

I agree on wearing both, since you have them - and I also agree with Cece - you could take them both with you to where you're getting ready on your wedding day, and choose whichever one feels right on the day.

They are both beautiful dresses, but it seems to me (based only on your body language in the photos) that you look more confident and feel prettier in the trumpet dress. It is definitely very bridal, especially with the veil.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics