Skip to main content
Jessica
Dedicated September 2019

In-laws bought beautiful flowers but . . .

Jessica, on September 17, 2019 at 8:36 AM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved

FFIL is so sweet. He went way out of his way and must have spent a small fortune on Hawaiian leis for the entire bridal party and parents and grandparents (this was kindof a surprise). FH and his dad's side are partly Hawaiian. He originally asked if we'd like leis for the rehearsal to which we said sure!! The other day though I got a call asking if the wedding party had boutonnieres and corsages and bouquets - in a way that sounded like the assumption was that the Hawaiian leis would be the wedding flowers. We have a very specific structured color pallet and also a certain garden-ey theme that would be weird if we had everyone in leis too - so basically, the wedding isn't Hawaiian themed and we also kindof feel like the leis would steal the show. How do we let him down easy and explain why the leis aren't the main wedding flowers? We'd still use them in a couple pictures.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Cyndy, on September 17, 2019 at 10:27 AM
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I would tell him that you had planned for the leis as part of your rehearsal only (based on your original conversation) so you've already made other floral arrangements for the wedding, but that you're more than happy to include the leis in some of the pictures after the ceremony!

• Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

I think you both explain it to him the way you wrote it here. You certainly appreciate the gesture, but the leis would be more appropriate for the rehearsal, not for the wedding ceremony.

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I agree with PP’s. You can also bring them out at the reception—they’d be a hit!
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I agree with PP. Just tell him you would love them for the rehearsal dinner but have already ordered other flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics