Elisa
Dedicated May 2021

i Wish Corona Was a Person So i Could Scream at Her

Elisa, on March 16, 2020 at 11:21 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 12
Saved

New Orleans bachelorette party...canceled.

Bridal shower...canceled

Now wedding postponed...waiting on available dates from my venue. By God's grace I might be able to keep all my vendors but I know the odds of that are not likely. So you're telling me I have to plan this wedding a SECOND time?! Omg. I didn't even get to be married and divorced before planning my second wedding!

I'm mailing out flashcards for invitations for the new date. And the guestbook, I'm just putting a damn sticker over the old date with the new one on top. I'm done dropping money!

Just also realized I can't binge eat during this lockdown bc I have to stay the same size or smaller for now another...who knows how long from now....

We will celebrate our current wedding date on the couch chugging wine.

Need some distance from all things wedding related for a HOT MINUTE.

Shout out to all my other brides going through it right now. I hope everything is a smooth transition for you and it's not hitting you too hard.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jami, on March 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM
  • Lauren
    Savvy March 2021
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Girl I could not have typed this better myself. I have so many emotions and I want to eat my way thru this but was on my last fitting and now my dress is the smallest it has ever been and I am postponing until NEXT YEAR! 28 month engagement! I am so sad, this has to be a bad dream?

• Elisa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow. My heart goes out to you. This is such a sad and disappointing time, but we can only get so angry bc it's for the greater good of all the elders and everyone's safety. Just sucks to have waited for so long, only to find out you have to wait so much longer!! I will say a prayer that you stay exactly as you are! Hang in there Smiley heart

• Laree's
    Devoted May 2022
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    100% truth! I know it’s for the best as far as safety but it doesn’t take away from the fact that this just simply sucks! I’ve waited 13 long years to marry my man, I guess what’s one more! Agh!
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Hope everything works out for you !
  • Monica
    VIP October 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Omggggg. I JUST SAID THIS TO MY BRIDESMAIDS. Yoo. I just said I wish coronavirus was a person so we could fight. I would find out where they live so I can pull up and throw hands!!
    Lockdown, quarantine, and social distancing are fighting words to me!!
  • Jameelah
    Dedicated July 2021
    Jameelah ·
    • Flag
    Omg!!! Yesssss!!!!! This is exactly how I’m feeling right now! I have to start all over in a different city and all. I previously had a destination wedding, but now I’m having to plan something at home. I just really want to stomp corona virus’ face with a Timberland boot in right now!
  • Jami
    Dedicated March 2021
    Jami ·
    • Flag

Why was your wedding postponed when it was scheduled for may? i know people are cancelling march and April but I figured may they would wait just a little longer. Was this the decision of the venue?

• Elisa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you Smiley heart

• Elisa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lmao! Never thought those words would be, but at this point, SAME.

• Elisa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I wish we could. I'm so sorry to hear about your destination wedding, that is a HUGE bummer and sounds like a ton of work to figure out this second date. I'm wishing you all the best. This definitely sucks, but you've got the strength to push through & make this work!!

• Elisa
    Dedicated May 2021
    Elisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It was. My venue is in NJ and the governor implemented a no 50 person gathering for 8 weeks and my wedding is 7 weeks away. Smiley sad They were forced to abide by the state rules unfortunately.

• Jami
    Dedicated March 2021
    Jami ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ugh that's awful! i'm so sorry 😐

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics