We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Michelle
Super October 2020

i put the wrong street number on my invitations

Michelle, on August 8, 2020 at 7:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 18
Saved Save

I just got my invites and as I was organizing them to send, I randomly decided to look up my venue and realized the street number was way off! It said 141 not 154! I was so hung up on stupid formatting, etiquette, and grammar that I completely missed the number.

Should I just reorder them and spend the $50-60 or would it be okay to put a sticker over it? It鈥檚 a white background with black text so maybe it won鈥檛 look so bad if my designer sends me stickers with the same font??? Argh! Why?!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on August 9, 2020 at 3:21 PM
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana
    • Flag
    No stickers or white out. Mistakes happen, don't stress. Contact customer service asap and ask how to fix the error. They will let you know if they charge for reprints or not.
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol 馃槅 My designer just responded super fast and asked what needs changed. I鈥檓 waiting to hear which is a cheaper option but I might just fork the money if it鈥檚 not more than $50....I can鈥檛 believe I did that!!!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online
    • Flag
    I actually think it鈥檚 ok to put a label over it aha. My friend did that on his invitations when he had a typo. But yea just see what your designer or print company says.
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    $85 to reprint.....I am waiting on a response for the label. Ugh, I don鈥檛 want to spend $85....
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    Oh sure, for only $60 I鈥檇 definitely reorder them versus a sticker.
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Because it鈥檚 double sided lol.. she said $85...

I think I might just print a note indicating the correct address...
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana
    • Flag
    An enclosed note would work.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Since guests usually bring the invitation with them in the car, I wonder if it鈥檚 better to correct it on the invite itself versus a piece of paper that can get separated from the invitation. I鈥檇 hate for guests to be in the wrong place, trying to figure out the correct address and arriving late on your wedding day.
  • G
    Dedicated August 2021
    Gianna
    • Flag
    I think the sticker would be fine. Most guests will gps it, so by putting the venue name in their google maps or mapquest, it鈥檒l pop up with the right address
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah it has the venue name and correct street, it鈥檚 just the wrong number
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good point...I think I鈥檒l go the sticker route then. $85 extra is already so much
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag
    I think that a sticker would be fine unless you want to spend the extra money.
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can鈥檛 stomach spending $85 just for a number correction 馃あ I think It sounds like the stickers are the best way to go. Hopefully it blends in okay.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitely wouldn鈥檛 spend that much especially when most people don鈥檛 even keep the invitations they eventually go in the trash!
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks, that鈥檚 one everyone is saying so it makes me feel a bit better. Lol stickers it is...oh well.
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It鈥檒l be fine, as expensive as weddings are people shouldn鈥檛 be complaining!!
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper
    • Flag
    I think an insert would be safe. If the name of the venue comes up in Apple Maps / Google Maps, I鈥檇 think most people would enter that into their GPS anyway, over the number address. As long as they have the info that the number is wrong, and the name of the venue, even if the only thing they brought with them was the invite itself, they should still be able to find the place with the venue name (as long as it comes up in gps).
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle
    • Flag
    I went with the cheap and easier route though I have to trim the labels myself lol. I need to send these out soon too so I couldn鈥檛 wait for shipping for notecards. The designer did send me the files to print myself but it was still like $65....the sticker is nor too bad, goes in the trash anyway I guess.i put the wrong street number on my invitations 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles