Lori
Super June 2015

I don't want to go to my sister's wedding...argghhh

Lori, on July 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved

Some of you may remember me asking about whether I should be in it or not and all that drama that went on (yes, unnecessary drama). Now I just really don't want to even go. I'm so tired of all my sister's nonsense. She calls to tell my mom stuff instead of telling me. She calls my mom to complain about me not going shoe shopping with her and her BM's because I had to work. She tells my mom, "if she doesn't want to be in the wedding, then she needs to tell me soon". Well ok, crazy person, how would I even know that was an option unless you tell me directly!

GAHHHHH.

Truth is, I don't want to be in the wedding, and I don't even want to go. But she is my sister and I'm trying to be civil here.

But now, my mom doesn't even want to go (she's my sis's step mom). It frustrates me to no end that my mom won't just suck it up and go to this wedding. I would like her to be there so my FH doesn't have to sit by himself the whole damn time.

UGH! I just needed to vent...

5 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on July 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • Mrs. A. Fernandez
    Master August 2014
    Mrs. A. Fernandez ·
    • Flag

Hi Lori., Did you join my 2014 & 2015 WW Club? You should, I would love to hear more about you.

• ArborDay
    VIP April 2014
    ArborDay ·
    • Flag

That situation really sucks... :/ but do you want to look back on it thinking, I should have just gone. She might hold it against you if you don't, but even worse, you might hold it against yourself someday that you didn't. Even if its the worst night... At least you were the bigger person and went. If she's being a B.... Let her. I think the best thing might just be to let her say whatever she wants to say, but be there at her wedding regardless because karma always finds its way to back you.

• Out the Window
    Master May 2014
    Out the Window ·
    • Flag

Sounds like she wants to give you an out and you want her to give you an out. Why don't you talk to her. If she doesn't want you in it and you don't want to be in it, then save her some money and don't go. You'll be doing everyone a favor instead of having tension in the room.

• Lori
    Super June 2015
    Lori ·
    • Flag

@ ArborDay - Yeah I'm definitely going to try and be the bigger person and just grin and bear it and be there on her wedding day. Although, if she does more crazy things in the mean time I might have a lot more trouble not just bailing out.

@ Out the Window - I also thought it sounded like she was trying to give me an out. Thing is, I don't really want an out. The only thing that makes me feel the way that I do is all the crazy stuff she has done and the drama she has put upon us. It was kind of like she never really wanted me in it in the first place, and when I asked her straight up whether I was in it or not she got super defensive and ended up pretty much forcing me into it. Now any time I can't make it ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE STATE to go to her wedding-y functions she acts like I don't want to be in it.

Anyway, I'm just gonna try to stick it out...we'll see if I have more need to vent in the next month lol.

• Stacey
    Super September 2013
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

I would stick it out, I will agree with those that have said you might regret it one day. Stay clear of the drama, tell your mom to NOT tell you what your sister is saying to her. Offer your help and if she takes it great, if not great for you too.

Just smile, wear that dress, hold that bouqet and get drunk!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics