Laura
Rockstar September 2020

i can't believe it...

Laura, on August 1, 2021 at 12:01 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved

After eloping with our sons in Sept of last year - after 4 delayed dates in 2019-2020... I'm finally headed to our dream chapel and renewing our vows and wearing the dress (on our one year wedding anniversary). We're also zooming the vow renewal because no one could attend the previous Sept and I didn't want to make my family travel now either. So, here I am again. I have my dress a lace mermaid, but not the one from before (ugh). I donated that one after the elopement. I'm so ready to be done getting married, but I still cannot believe that I get to marry him again - and in the chapel I dreamed of for so long!

So, this is my dress! I can't decide rose gold, white gold, pearls or rhinestones... I also can't decide if I want a necklace. I'll take any suggestions.

I am also very glad that I delayed announcing this until now... talk about stress!

8CWG912_IVYCSHMR_OLEG_PROD4_014?$plpimagedesktop$

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jameshia, on August 1, 2021 at 8:19 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    That dress is beautiful!! Honestly you could go both with or without a necklace. Will your dress have the belt as well?
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I bought a belt but I am not sure. It was pure spontaneity. I could use it as a hairpiece too. It is rose gold. I can also exchange it. I'm just not sure which way to go. The underlay is neither blush nor champagne, but it's so pretty! It's like a cross between the two! What are your thoughts on this? I'm not sure about a veil either. The dress has nothing but sequins on the underlay that cause it to shimmer - no pearls or rhinestones.

• AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    It’s a gorgeous dress! I vote go without a necklace (I’ve personally never seen a necklace worn well with any wedding dress, I think it distracts from the dress)
  • H
    Beginner January 2022
    H ·
    • Flag
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I vote yes for a veil. I think it would look pretty with that dress, especially a cathedral veil! I go like three look with a simple belt
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Really! I know so many brides who have, but also it might take some focus off the plunge. So, that might be needed. Ha!

• Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is so pretty and I really like it! Hubby is pushing for a less traditional (more boho) vibe. I hope that this dress can pull that off. But, I truly do love this one and saved it - just in case boho doesn't work with my dress. Thank you!

• AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    i can't believe it... 1

This is my dress, and I’m not wearing a necklace at all - I think it would take away from the dress unless it was super super dainty.
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wonderful! I have a plain cathedral one in ivory that I can use - I just have to put them on together. Thank you!

• Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think you could go either way - but I agree that dainty is the best choice (if you decide to go that route!). You have lace near your shoulders so that could frame a simple necklace or highlight that openness. I like it as is!

• Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The lace is to die for!!! Wow!!!

• Sydney
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sydney ·
    • Flag
    I vote no necklace - focus is supposed to be on the décolletage! My dress has a similar neckline and I’m doing earrings and bracelet no necklace
  • Jameshia
    Beginner June 2022
    Jameshia ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful and congratulations to you girl 🥳💕so exciting

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics