We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

S
Dedicated September 2020

i burned my veil 馃槺馃槺馃槺

S Kab, on September 11, 2020 at 12:56 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 24
Saved Save
I knew I should be going to bed but I was just trying to steam it using the iron...what a dumb idea. Now I鈥檓 freaking out...wedding is on Saturday 馃槴 Any other bride thought they had a brilliant idea that turned into a stupid mistake hours before their big day? I wanted to cry but figured I could find something funny out of this.

24 Comments

Latest activity by Hermione, on September 17, 2020 at 12:01 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Oh no! Where did you burn it? Like can you just shorten it if it was on the edge or something?
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It was a short veil already and i burned it right in the middle....I can鈥檛 reuse it. I will need to find sth tomorrow, another unexpected expensei burned my veil 馃槺馃槺馃槺 1

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Amazon has some great affordable veils that can come quick if you got prime delivery
  • Marabeth
    Devoted September 2021
    Marabeth
    • Flag
    Hobby Lobby and even Walmart鈥檚 fabric section has some beautiful material to make veils if you鈥檙e not able to purchase a new one in time.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    I must admit that I laughed a bit. But it鈥檚 just one of those funny wedding mishaps. Best wishes!
  • Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    I would spend the money and go to a bridal shop for a veil you can pick up asap. Check local ones or david's bridal. I am sorry honey. For your new one check the shower steaming.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily
    • Flag
    Dang lady! That's a doozy. You've got me scared for steaming my dress tonight lol
    Hope you can laugh about it, and you find something that works for you in a pinch.
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will be looking into that. I definitely need it by tonight!
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    There鈥檚 a Hobby Lobby near me and it will be my first stop this morning. I鈥檓 also looking into Amazon
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes, I told myself there was nothing better to do when it happened but laugh. One silly memory of my wedding planning 馃槉
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Trust me I鈥檝e learned my lesson with steaming! I hope I can find something and have it in hand before this evening. Thanks
  • S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    馃槣 I hope so too. Meanwhile, the weather Turns out to be on our side in Nova today and tomorrow 馃憤馃徑
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh yeah! Hey girl hey Old Town bride 馃槂
    I'm hoping the same on weather, but as many people relayed to me in College, even though Winchester is "more to the north" it is not NoVA. I am a country bumpkin person out with that mountain weather. 馃槀
    Almost time to get this show on the road!
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret
    • Flag

I'd try Amazon with 1-day delivery or opt for a different type of veil something like (below) which you should be able to find at any department store

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0UKLSTYTGU_YtZDXVwshopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNcTFBe6-oBCYdBUBRS

• S
    Dedicated September 2020
    S Kab
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes!!! Let鈥檚 get this show started. Best wishes to you!
  • Hermione
    Expert February 2020
    Hermione
    • Flag
    Go to store and buy a new one. David's bridal will be able to do everything and rush a steam cleaning in house for $$$. Or birdcage for budget time reasons. But at this late in the game it's either bridal store of nix.
  • Hermione
    Expert February 2020
    Hermione
    • Flag
    This comes from someone that tried to steam clean their veil 2 days before and melted dental floss on it... David's bridal replaced it for free and then we did a rush in house steam clean which was costly but worth it.
  • B
    Dedicated October 2021
    B
    • Flag
    Totally something I would do!
  • E
    Devoted August 2020
    Elle
    • Flag

Go to a bridal store and buy one off the rack?

• Katie
    Super August 2021
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right, we have a steamer and I was thinking about using it on the dress and veil but now I think I'm going to reconsider it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles