2) It was actually the last one that we visited that chose. And we knew almost right away. It was a vineyard, so weddings were not their primary function (although they have done them plenty of times before) so they didn't have all of the up-charges that other places had. They are naturally beautiful and the staff was so, so laid-back and personable. I felt like I was a friend, as opposed to a client. And the wine is fantastic. It was also one of the most affordable places we found, and they let us bring in whatever caterers we wanted. Overall, their vibe and personality matched our vibe and personality.
That being said, I still panicked when it was time to sign the contract, and I questioned my decision. (I've continued to do this with every vendor we've booked so now I know my pattern). However, I am SO GLAD that we went with the venue we did and every time I go back to visit leading up the wedding (It's only been twice now) I get so excited.
My fiancé and I went to 4 venues, and the one that we chose was the third one we visited. We knew it was “the one” because it was the only one we walked out of, looked at each other, and said “wow”. It checked all the boxes. After each appointment we would go have lunch and I would write down all the pros and cons of each venue. The one we chose only had 1 con and it wasn’t even that big of a deal.
1. We toured our venue 1st, but saw 5 more after to make sure.
2. It checked off all our boxes: large groom's suite, large bridal suite, only 1 wedding on the entire property per day, within 30 minutes of Denver, outdoor ceremony space, great backup indoor ceremony space, good mountain views, dog friendly ceremony, etc.
We toured a total of 8, but the venue we picked was the 3rd one we toured. I loved it from the minute I saw pictures, because it is bright and airy with lots of historic features. We still decided to tour other venues though, because FH was not totally sold on it at first and there were still other venues we really liked. We eventually narrowed it down to our 4 faves, then compared costs and finally made a decision. I'm really happy with the venue we chose, but I think any of the venues we toured would have been a great choice and they were all very different.
We checked out one! And that was it for us lol. They did our centerpieces for us, wedding cake, open bar, buffet. The size was perfect for what we wanted n it only cost 7800. Perfect for what we needed.
it included a planner, it provided catering and the bar, it photographers beautifully (so many places to take pictures on site) , included the event insurance. has amazing reviews. customizable wedding packages. the convince of all these things helped make the decision.
We toured 5 venues. Picked the 3rd one we toured. My fiancé knew it was the one before I did, I took a little convincing but in the end I'm glad we chose it and think it'll be perfect. It gave us the most for the money compared to all the others which is the main reason we chose it. But it's also in a good location for both of our families which was another deciding factor. We meet with them again this week to go over final details and I'm really excited!
2) It checked off all the boxes! Added bonus, it was set up for a wedding the same size as ours (their ceremony was in a different location and their team is so on top of it, the set up was done hours before!) so it was so easy to envision our special day there. Also, the day of coordinator there was so nice and we felt a connection to her right away!
I saw photos of our wedding venue online before we got engaged and instantly fell in love. A month after we got engaged, we toured the place and it was so beautiful and perfect that I didn’t want us to keep looking. I did inquire to one other place thru email, but didn’t tour the place. We literally just decided on our venue without looking anywhere else and my FH loves it as much as I do. It was pricier than we thought, but it’ll be worth it.
We only toured one, but I got quotes and pictures from many.
We knew that we wanted to keep our guest list down to 50 or 60 so I was worried the ballrooms at the hotel and country clubs I liked would be to big. Some also require at minimum 100 people.
We walked into the venue we went to tour first that fit all the criteria we wanted and we instantly liked it. Then we met with the owner who was getting married the month before us, had a daughter close to age of ours, and had been together a long time before getting married which is the same as us so we just knew we would like it.
We visited 4 and ended up picking the 3rd place we saw. We actually went into that tour with a mindset of not picking it because a friend of ours had gotten married there like 10 years before and we weren't sure we wanted our wedding to be at the same place that a friend had gotten married. The venue is under new ownership though and is in the process of renovating everything. We finished the tour and walked out and both knew immediately that this was the place we wanted. We looked at one more after that just to get a feel for a different type of venue to make sure that a winery was what we wanted but it was pretty much guaranteed at that point that we were picking the winery!
Visited 0. Decided to have a destination wedding at a place I've been wanting to go to for ages and looked on TripAdvisor for a good hotel to do it at... the general manager there had planned weddings before and made it seem super easy, she had many connections and said when it got closer to the date she would offer us caterers/florists/entertainment to choose from and then they would arrange it. Fast forward a few months and she left. Fast forward another few months and her replacement left. I am now on my third point of contact who after not responding to me for a month, straight up told me a week ago that she's never planned a wedding before and I should consider hiring a planner. And the new general manager now wants to cut short our reception and have it be quiet by 9pm... for a 6pm wedding. Even though the original agreed upon end time was 11pm/midnight. They then offered to arrange transportation to a beach a mile away where we could play music for as long as we wanted... we later found out there are no bathrooms or electricity at said beach so we would have to rent port-o-potties and generators. My wedding is 2.5 months away. I want to cry and also elope.
We looked at approximately 30 total and toured a handful of our favorites. We were after very specific things we were not willing to budge on. Look at as many as you need to.
1. We toured about 7 of them even though I listed like 12 venues, but we had to narrow it down otherwise it was gonna get overwhelming.
2. How we knew it was the one is when we felt like we got along with the wedding coordinator and that's where we could envision our wedding. It was all inclusive and less stress on us too, we loved it as soon as we walked in.