Mumsie
November 2019

How to make ceremony special

Mumsie, on October 20, 2019 at 9:01 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 8
Saved Save

What are you including in your ceremony that puts your personal stamp on it? Music, readings, traditions?

8 Comments

• Brandi
    Devoted November 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    We’re going to use cue cards: “say aww,” “laugh,” “clap.”
    We’re adding community vows so our guests can feel included in the ceremony.
    We’re writing our own vows.
  • V
    VIP July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We wrote our own vows. Titanic is my favorite movie and I wanted something instrumental so when I was looking up instrumental songs on Youtube I came across a violin cover of My Heart Will Go On and I knew it was the perfect song to incorporate into our wedding. It ended up being the song our mothers and bridal party walked down the aisle. My mom always envisioned me walking down the aisle to Canon D so I decided to surprise her walk down to a piano version on Canon D. My grandmother and I are really close and she has written me poems on numerous occasions like when I graduated college she wrote me a cute poem so I asked her to write a poem for the ceremony that she would read. It was so emotional and made me cry, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    We kept it pretty traditional but did say our own vows
  • Becca
    Expert July 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag

We did our own vows. We also picked an officiant that was a celebrant. Our ceremony was all about our love story (ie how we met, when we knew we loved one another, our favorite memories, etc). Everyone loved it! So much of the time, guests know the parents or one of the bride/groom, and this gave people the opportunity to learn about us. We also specifically picked our exchange of rings verse that fit us.

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    We wrote our own vows. We also had our officiant read the names of some “special family” that wasn’t able to join us and we left empty chairs for them and we put flowers on those chairs. My husband lots both parents and his brother when he was very young so that was really important to him. Of course many people cried.
  • Chelsea
    Devoted April 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag
    We’re writing our own vows, my future brother in law is our officiant, and I’m walking down the aisle to an instrumental Disney song! I’m also having a part of my late grandfather’s favorite vest sewn into my dress and my fiancé is having part of his late father’s shirt sewn into his jacket.
  • C
    Savvy February 2020
    Cindy ·
    • Flag
    We're doing a ring warming ceremony! We're having a microwedding with no wedding party and felt like that would be a nice way to include everyone.
  • Jackie
    Savvy October 2020
    Jackie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the idea of an instrumental Disney song!!! Cute!

Comment on this discussion