Skip to main content
Emily
Dedicated June 2021

How to hide the bride for outdoor ceremony?

Emily, on April 13, 2021 at 11:01 AM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 7
Saved
We are having our ceremony outdoors, in the area shown in the picture. I really don’t want the guests to just see the bridal party and myself just standing around nearby until we all walk down the aisle but how would I keep us at least a little bit discreet until it’s time?How to hide the bride for outdoor ceremony? 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on April 15, 2021 at 11:23 AM
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Ask your venue what they usually do. They should be able to help.

• E
    Super July 2023
    Eniale ·
    • Flag

Is this a rental venue, or you/a loved one's personal land?

If it's the former, ask their assistance.

If it's the latter, you could consider something similar to what dancers use backstage at competitions - essentially a portable changing room. Or simply a pipe/drape situation, where you get two tripods/stands and drape/hang fabric between them.

How to hide the bride for outdoor ceremony? 2

This is a basic idea of what I mean. You could get more opaque drapes.
  • Katie
    VIP August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    So we are having our wedding in the backyard. The ceremony will be all the way in the back of the yard. Since it will be such a long walk, we decided to set up a small tent with sides for us to stand in that will be closer to the ceremony. Maybe a tent off the side will be a good idea.
  • Liz
    Devoted August 2021
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    I've seen stuff like this available for rent frequently.How to hide the bride for outdoor ceremony? 3

• JA
    Expert March 2022
    JA ·
    • Flag

Have you considered waiting a few blocks away and then having someone drive you there once it is time? I've heard of people renting a limo or bus for an hour ish so they can ride over when it is time, and then exit the vehicle and walk down the aisle. A tent is also a great option!

• Michelle
    Devoted April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

They have doors you can rent for this type of occasion that set up and open when the bride is ready to been seen

• Courtney
    Expert September 2022
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is what I would recommend. A pop up canopy and you could hang some drapes to prevent guests from seeing you.

I would also recommend renting doors or something like that to give you the actual entrance feel.

If those aren't an option, hanging out in a car/limo/bus/whatever beforehand would be a good plan.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics