MzRosaLu
Master July 2016

How to distinguish Man of Honor from groomsmen

MzRosaLu, on March 22, 2015 at 8:40 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 10
Saved Save

My brother is my Man of Honor, and yesterday as we were browsing suits for the groom and groomsmen, we got to thinking about how to visually distinguish my MOH from the other men. They will all be in gray suits and coral ties to match the BM dresses. They will also have gray vests. I'm hesitant to put him in a coral vest because I think that may be a bit too bright/loud (or am I wrong?) Anyone have any suggestions for other things I can do with the attire?

10 Comments

• FinallyMrsT
    Master October 2015
    FinallyMrsT ·

For a second after reading the title, I was thinking "huh...I've never heard of a best man referred to that way" lol

Is your FH wearing a different suit from the groomsmen? If so, maybe you could have your brother be somewhere in between your FH and his groomsmen, shade wise. Although 3 different grays is a lot...What if he has the coral vest, and a coral and gray tie? Or some sort of different tie? I don't think a coral vest would be too much at all -- especially if he has the same complexion that you have in your picture, coral will look great on him!

• Marion
    Expert March 2016
    Marion ·

My brother is also my man of honor! FH and groomsmen will be in fray suits with gray vests. My brother is going to have the same suit but he's going to wear suspender and probably a bow tie (he pulls off the hipster look really well). He'll also have a boutonniere that matches the bridesmaids bouquets. Good luck!

• KitandKaboodle
    Master November 2016
    KitandKaboodle ·

If he's wearing the same as the groomsmen, and they're all wearing a boutonnière, I would give him a different boutonnière than the groomsmen.

• Annie
    Devoted May 2015
    Annie ·

What about a striped coral tie or a coral bow tie, and his boutonnière matching the bridesmaids maybe?

• AndixLyn
    Master June 2015
    AndixLyn ·

He stands on your side. That's how they know.

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·

@andixlyn, that's obvious. He also expressed that he wanted to wear something a little bit different. That's why I asked for suggestions. Thanks for the ideas, ladies!

• HereComeTheYorks
    Master April 2016
    HereComeTheYorks ·

What about a gray tie and vest instead of coral?!

• P
    Just Said Yes July 2015
    PurplePenguin ·

My brother is also my Man of Honor after my Maid of Honor/best friend for over 13 years quit our friendship and backed out of the wedding. The groomsmen & my brother will be wearing black suits with purple vests, and my brother will wear a striped tie and a white boutonniere instead of the purple groomsmen boutonnieres. I think a coral vest would look nice with the gray suit. I found this on Pinterest, & I think it looks good.

• Mrs. Batog-Huffman
    Master February 2016
    Mrs. Batog-Huffman ·

Oh MzRosaLu, you've complicated things for me. Hahahaha. I was just going to put my Man of Honor in the same as FW's Men and her Woman of Honor in the same as my Bridesmaids. Now, I'm unsure if I want them in different colors.

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·

PurplePenguin, that does look pretty cute. Thanks. @Future Mrs... You can blame my brother and his partner for complicating things for all of us. Haha!

Comment on this discussion