I decided to cancel with my current makeup/hair artists after a trial that wasn't what I wanted (instead of feeling beautiful I was disappointed and couldn't wait to take the hair down and makeup off). They said they will fix my concerns day of the wedding, but I feel that the trial should have been a good example of what I'd get on the wedding day since it costs the same). I found other artists already, but want to cancel before paying the new ones. I have a few questions.
1) How do I word that I'm cancelling nicely? We're two months (actually a little over 60 days) away from our wedding and I'm not sure the artists will be able to rebook themselves so I truly feel bad.
2) I think I can get out without penalty since they didn't have a deposit. Am I reading the contract correctly? It says this: "We require at least 30 days notification to cancel any and all bridal appointments. If you cancel less than 30 days prior, you will be charged 20% of your total services."