Jessie
Devoted September 2020

How to ask your ladies...

Jessie, on May 14, 2019 at 12:24 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved Save
I have a little "emergency kit" to give my two best friends. Thinking on giving them a cute tumbler and ring pop. Will also hand them a hand written card saying "you've been my friend since ____." Explain when and how we met then ask them to be my MoH/BM.

Do you ladies think that works or something more? What/how did you ask your ladies? Money and time frame are tight as I will be in my home town only twice between now and wedding day.

7 Comments

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I think that sounds perfect. Bridal party proposals have honestly only been a thing since like 2 years ago. When I was in a friend's wedding a few years ago, she just simply asked.

I did do something for my girls, but I also only have 4. I got a tote bag from TJ Maxx that said "Bridesmaid" or "Maid of Honor" on it. Inside, I put some photos of myself with that friend over the years, a small bottle of prosecco, a handwritten note, a dollar store fake flower, and a plastic stemless champagne glass that said "Cheers!" (Also purchased at TJ Maxx. It was a pack of 4 and super cheap, so 1 for each girl).
  • Cassy
    Devoted September 2020
    Cassy ·
    • Flag
    I think that’s perfect! It’ll be a special moment regardless of how you ask them.
    My maid of honor and 3 bridesmaids all live in my hometown in NJ while I’m living in NC and I just put these boxes together for them since I only have 4 girls so it wasn’t too expensive, I just did what I could afford. I’m visiting and asking them in about 10 days and I’m so excited!

How to ask your ladies... 1
  • L
    Devoted October 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    I think that's a sweet idea. If it was me, I'd feel honored.
  • K
    Savvy March 2020
    KPAR ·
    • Flag
    I sent silver love knot bracelets in velvet bags with a card asking them to be a bridesmaid
  • Nafisah
    Super May 2019
    Nafisah ·
    • Flag
    Mines were super inexpensive too and they loved them. I think they'll love your gift! My sister did a ring pop for her proposals with a stemless wine glass and mini wine. Still never ate the ring pop lol

How to ask your ladies... 2

How to ask your ladies... 3
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

It sounds like a really cute idea! I did a box with their getting ready robes, a face mask, a candle, lotion, and nail polish and a note asking them to be my bridesmaid.

• Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

I literally just sent a text to my friends saying, hey, I'm engaged so get ready to go dress shopping. They already knew if I ever got married they'd be in it. We're all super low key so I didn't feel the need to make a big to do about it. By the time I got home from my vacation where I got engaged, they were already planning and talking about the wedding.

Bridal proposals are fine, but to me.. I don't need another box of junk to sit around my house personally. I have plenty of tumblers. I think the note idea is cute and very sentimental.

Comment on this discussion