Hannah
Devoted December 2019

How much boobage is too much boobage?

Hannah, on October 10, 2019 at 9:15 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 31
Saved Save
I love love love my dress. And I knew it was low cut when I bought it. Yesterday I picked it up from the shop and tried it on my moms house and it was just like WOW BOOBS. I honestly do not mind the cleavage. It doesn’t make me uncomfortable. But I showed a couple girls at work and they were like “that’s way too much”. So now I’m questioning it. I don’t want to offend my Christian family members. The straps haven’t been taken up yet so I THINK it will help a little when there’s more “holding them in”. But my question is, how much is too much? I didn’t like the look of a lace appliqué being added there, but I’m nervous about it now. What do you guys think?

also please excuse my face, I was mid sentence and my mom always manages to take the most unflattering pictures of me ever.🙄

How much boobage is too much boobage? 1

31 Comments

• Alyssa
    Expert June 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

If it bothers you, you could also have the illusion lined with ivory instead of nude fabric.

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I think it looks amazing on you. From one busty girl to another, bringing the straps up will help a little bit. But you should rock the cleavage! To me it looks very classy and sexy all at the same time. If you're comfortable, that's all that matters Smiley smile

Also love the use of the word "boobage" lol, my mom says that all the time to me and my two (also busty) older sisters Smiley xd

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey Online ·
    • Flag

Your dress looks amazing on you. I would wait to see what it looks like with the straps adjusted and go from there to see if you want to add an illusion part to the neck line.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Hannah!! You look absolutely beautiful in your dress!

I personally don't think that it shows too much cleavage. As long as you feel comfortable and confident in your dress, that's all that matters. Taking the straps up a bit will definitely help, as would adding some white fabric to the illusion, but that should be a decision you make for yourself based on what you think looks best.

If you love the way you look (and you look amazing), don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

• Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I think it looks fine, it wouldn't bother me. My fiancee, on the other hand, probably wouldn't
    Be thrilled.

If you are getting married in a church, I'd probably make a few adjustments, like the straps that you mentioned.

If you are getting married in a venue, then Alls fair in love and war Smiley winking

Congratulations!
  • Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ahhh!! THANK YOU! Smiley smile That's what I was going for! I want to look classy but being totally modest is not really my thing so thank you for making me feel better!

Lol, boobage is like my favorite word!

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Smiley smile Good idea!

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Too sweet, thank you so much!!! Smiley smile Made me feel way better!

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My fiance will probably love it lol. He doesn't mind me showing cleavage.

Not getting married in a church so maybe it'll be good. Thank you!

• Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

Girl... I would kill to have boobs. My consultant made a comment about how the dress I bought will have to be taken in a LOT in the bust area or I would need to add padded cups... hahaha we all have our problems. You ROCK that dress just the way it is. You fell in love with THAT dress. I feel like adding layers will make you love it less. You're a woman. Everyone knows you have boobs. Ignore the comments other people makeSmiley smile

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You just made me feel so much better about it! You are totally right, I love my dress the way it is!Smiley heart It took away from the shape of the neckline to me when I added fabric behind the illusion.

Also I seriously envy the girls that have like the perfect amount of boobage! Haha.

• Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I HEAR that!! Grass is always greener on the other side, right?Smiley xd You look beautiful and will be a gorgeous bride!!! People will never be happy with choices you make but I've learned to ignore them. You do you!

• Jayla
    Dedicated March 2020
    Jayla ·
    • Flag
    People will always find something to hate on. You’re a grown woman. Flaunt what you got. Trust me I’m sure they wished they had that cleavage.
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

That is not too much!!! If YOU feel comfortable in it, then wear that dress. It looks amazing on you.

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Always, always! Lol. Thank you again!

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, thank you!

• Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! Smiley heart

• Jodie
    Expert August 2020
    Jodie ·
    • Flag

I think you look incredible! Why should women have to hide their bodies? We all have boobs. Some more than others...but what does it matter. It's not like you're walking down the aisle naked... I think the dress is beautiful and last I checked it was you and your FH's wedding day. You picked that gown because it made you feel some type of way in it. Don't change your dress to make others happy. Only change it if it would make YOU happy!

• Chrysta
    Super November 2020
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Personally, I say rock the cleavage!! The dress looks amazing on you!! If you are super worried about offending others though, you could do what my friend did for her wedding- she had a nude colored sheer material added to the deep V via small snaps on the inside of the dress. The nude material didn’t COVER her cleavage (you could still ever so slightly see it through the material up close) but it definitely camouflaged it a lot. She wore it for the ceremony, then unsnapped and removed it for the reception.
  • Hannah
    Devoted December 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Awww thank you so much!! You sure know how to make a girl feel good!Smiley heart You're totally right too, the dress makes me feel so beautiful in it and honestly the boobs didn't bother me at all until the coworkers made snide remarks. They are both older and very conservative so they don't like it at all, but I love it and that's what matters!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics